Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 07:39 PM

Default South Store Visit 7-7-2012

My family and I arrived at the store at 8:03. There were a few people in the store, but pleanty of room to shop. As I remember it:

WRA's (1) Service grade, greek black, birch stock... looked quite lonely.

Pleanty of HRA service grades, in a variety of stocks, including the orange and dark colored CMP stocks. USGI stocks were a mix between SA and HRA

There were some Springfield service grades, maybe a couple racks worth, but not near as many as the HRA's.

Lots of field grade HRA's and Springfields to choose, with usual mix of woods. Some seemed to measure up nicely. I would loved to have mined them for any hidden gems.

Plenty of sniper rifles to be had, in both the C and D variety's. What I noticed most, is I did not find any WRA field or rack grades...

More Krags than I can remember seeing, but I did not look to closely at these. There were plenty to choose from though.

15-minutes into the visit I had my HRA service grade selected, and 30-minutes into visit the store got busy.

Bayonets and slings were low and rough. The SA barreled actions with bolts looked really nice, but there were not many to choose from. Here is a video that my daughter shot for me of todays visit... I will say, that the store seemed well stocked, with plentyof M1's to pick through... the gems were there just waiting to found:

http://youtu.be/m8qcwP8Z1_M

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by DRAGON64; 07-07-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Nice report! I liked your video too. That's a great looking HRA, and a Letterkenny Army Depot rebuild as well. Though the trigger guard isn't correct for an HRA, I've always liked the looks of the milled trigger guard a bit more than the stamped. What is the serial number range?

Kilroy was here
Old 07-07-2012, 08:33 PM

Thanks for another great video. I ordered my second s/a sg about 10 days ago and I can't wait but now I'm seeing all these beautiful hra's available and I'm starting to have second thoughts. I guess my next order will be for an hra but by then I hope they still have as nice a rifle as you were able to get today. Again great job on the video !
Old 07-07-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilroyCD View Post
Nice report! I liked your video too. That's a great looking HRA, and a Letterkenny Army Depot rebuild as well. Though the trigger guard isn't correct for an HRA, I've always liked the looks of the milled trigger guard a bit more than the stamped. What is the serial number range?
That serial range was 5,568XXX

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 07-07-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga216 View Post
Thanks for another great video. I ordered my second s/a sg about 10 days ago and I can't wait but now I'm seeing all these beautiful hra's available and I'm starting to have second thoughts. I guess my next order will be for an hra but by then I hope they still have as nice a rifle as you were able to get today. Again great job on the video !
The Springfields are nice too, I do not believe that you will be disappointed. I lucked into this one. There were two double racks of HRA SG's, and a customer had moved in and started looking at the first rack with me. I did not see a stock that I liked right off, so I moved to the second rack... the rifle I brought home was the 2nd or 3rd rifle that I touched on that 2nd rack... I took it to the counter and asked the gentleman to show me the goods...

I realize that mail order customers cannot experience this, but if you look in the M1 Garand forum, there are some threads in there about customers such as yourself taking delivery of some very nice rifles, Springfield and HRA alike...

Old 07-11-2012, 09:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bottlerocket Send a message via MSN to Bottlerocket

Sounds like I need to make a little weekend trip!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:23 PM

I hope I find one like that this weekend!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:28 AM

The earlier the better seems to be the course of action to take when visiting on a Saturday...