Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2014, 04:34 PM

Default North Store report 06/07/2014

I was able to get to the NS by 11am this morning. When I arrived, there were 8-9 IHCs without LMR barrels. None with LMR barrels. I looked at every one of them and all had rebuild marks on the receivers. Most were SA rebuilds but one LEAD and one RRAD. I took the RRAD rebuild home since it had an IHC op rod and a birch stock with P in a square box. It has a SA -12 trigger group, SA-7 hammer, SA post war bolt, SA 2-55 barrel, IHC left sight knob, Wright right sight knob, and RRAD 6-65 rebuild mark on the receiver leg. There was a SA rebuild with a SA open box stamp on the stock - or at least I don't think that stock was on the LEAD rebuild but I could be mistaken. Like I said all that were remaining had rebuild marks. I would predict that many of the non-LMR IHCs will be like that. All of them gauged at 1 or less at the muzzle. Some 55 barrels and some 64 barrels. Serial numbers were 4.4, 4.5, 5.0, and 5.1. All postage stamp and the finishes were nice. One had a kind of greenish finish.

I left at 12 noon and there were 7 IHCs left. They also had HRA specials built in .308. They looked nice and I think they all had Springfield bolts. The drill rifles did not look very good and not many were out. Did not look at the M1D or M1C rifles. I did look at the grade C stripped receivers and there was half a box of them sitting on the counter. All had pitting under the wood line or on the face. Some 6 digits, 1m, 2m, and 3m serial numbers. I guess the people of the last couple of days got the ones without pitting. They still have a big box of $5 web slings but I did not see any WWII slings. I did not look at the wooden ammo boxes. I did not notice anything else new.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:45 PM

Any HRA service or field grades? HRA specials in .30-06? Thinking about going Thursday
Old 06-07-2014, 08:54 PM

I only saw HRA .308 specials.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:03 PM

There were two two rack grades HRA at 830 this morning and I picked up one of them. It had all HRA parts minus the hammer and op rod. Stock was rough but ive got one sittin here about to meet his new girlfriend. I left at 1030 and there was still a 1/2 dozen or so IHC left.

Spent a considerable amount of time digging through the box of receivers with two other gentlemen. Always nice to talk garands with other afficianados. Most receivers were okay, some 6 digit number ones that had been lead dipped, which I never knew till this morning. Once again, awesome experience at North Store, never disappoints!

The 308s were very nice, I think every tag I flipped gauged 0, 0 or 0, 1. Maybe next month!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Saw 3 HRA Rack Grades on Friday
Old 06-08-2014, 07:17 PM

I was fourth in line when the door opened Saturday morning - while the first three went for the IHCs, I headed to the HRA rack grades. There were two there - I picked them both up and went over each. I was going to take them both, but Bowhunt! was waiting patiently so I decided that I would take only one - I took the one that in my eye was the better of the two & put the other back to see if he wanted it - he did. I hope he enjoys it! It's really discouraging to see the end of the trail, I had hoped to take my grandsons to the N store & pick out their first M1 with them - it doesn't look like it's going to happen so I'm glad that I have been picking them up for them in advance.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:45 PM

Riflenut, my nine month old daughter thanks you for putting that HRA back. Im slowly trying to do the same for my kids. The stock was a little rough, but after a little work, she's looking great. I may even send her off to shuffs for a repark once my extra HRA barrel is spun on.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowHunt! View Post
Riflenut, my nine month old daughter thanks you for putting that HRA back. Im slowly trying to do the same for my kids. The stock was a little rough, but after a little work, she's looking great. I may even send her off to shuffs for a repark once my extra HRA barrel is spun on.
Sounds great!

Another fine example of the caliber of CUSTOMER the CMP attracts!