Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 06:40 PM

Default 6/6/14 report

Waited for the frenzy to end before I headed down to the store today to pick up some ammo for shooting this summer. Well got to the store about 1500 for a quick in and out. To my surprise there were several ihc in the racks. Didn't want to buy one until the next go round but if you have one in hand it is hard to pass especially when they are decent rifles. The rifle I picked out was a 4.5m with a sa1-55 brl. Not a SA match or lmr but I liked the rifle. My freind got and early one with a correct I believe barrel 1-53 if I rcall. Other than a po gas valve and a sa trigger group the rest of the metal on the rifle I picked out is all ihc,gas cylinder, op rod internals, sights, etc. the stock is a really nice hra 1/2 das with really nice matching color/condition front/rear hg's We were the last people to leave and there were 14 ihc's left for tomorrow. Most had birch or cmp wood and 55 dated brls. Mix of serial numbers. Didn't look but I think I saw about 4-5 fg hra's and about 15 308 or 7.62 specials. I also picked up a couple of wood ammo boxes. 30 m1 with either sl or lc markings 1040rds(?) in cartons. The rest was the Samo Samo. Needless to say I did not have change to buy ammo. Sorry about typos but tried to do this while headed home.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:48 PM

My cart
Old 06-06-2014, 08:28 PM

Thanks for the update. I wish I hadn't missed the LC ammo.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:03 PM

It is Saturday, June 7 and I left the CMP North store at 12 noon. I arrived at 11 AM and they had eight or nine IHCs with Springfield barrels. All that were left had rebuild marks on the receivers. I bought one that had a RRAD rebuild mark on the receiver. There were RRAD, SA, and LEAD rebuild marks on the rifles that were left. There were seven rifles left in the rack when I left at noon time.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:03 PM

Wow, I would love to have an SA rebuild IHC but hard to get from Minnesota to North store before closing today

John