Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 10:54 AM

Default What the real CMP store had

For those of you who visited the CMP's mirage store in Ohio, this is what the real CMP Store had last week:

"Well today was a good day at the store. I didn't have too many to shop for and found everyone something to ship home.

Got there by 7:30 and there were a few other cars waiting as well. We got out of the car and waited by the door and began chatting before they let us in alittle before 8.

The Winchesters showed up today. There were 20-25 WRA SG and FG's on the racks. Needless to say that where we all went looking.
There around 10 total still wearing their original WRA barrels many with good ME/TE measurements
. There was only one WRA SG that had the WRA barrel and some other gentleman got it for himself as luck because he went for the shiny stock. lol

The SG's were in great shape and had some beautiful wood. Many of them were 60's rebuilds.

The FG's were in great shape with some decent stocks that were not too beat up.

Most guns were WRA receivers only unless they had the WRA barrel. WRA bolts were found random and I spotted a nice complete narrow WRA gas cylinder assembly. There were about 5 sets of SA lockbars, a SA JLG stock, SA NFR stock, WRA stock, SA SHM stock, and a few IHC stocks were found.

They had a few SA rack grades and 2 racks of HRA rack grades. In the quick look it seemed like there were be some worth taking home.

The deal of the day was 4 HRA Correct Grades on a rack today!!! Yes you read that right. $1535"

Wow....All that is missing are a few dozen IHC's. Maybe next week.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
For those of you who visited the CMP's mirage store in Ohio, this is what the real CMP Store had last week:

"Well today was a good day at the store. I didn't have too many to shop for and found everyone something to ship home.

Got there by 7:30 and there were a few other cars waiting as well. We got out of the car and waited by the door and began chatting before they let us in alittle before 8.

The Winchesters showed up today. There were 20-25 WRA SG and FG's on the racks. Needless to say that where we all went looking.
There around 10 total still wearing their original WRA barrels many with good ME/TE measurements
. There was only one WRA SG that had the WRA barrel and some other gentleman got it for himself as luck because he went for the shiny stock. lol

The SG's were in great shape and had some beautiful wood. Many of them were 60's rebuilds.

The FG's were in great shape with some decent stocks that were not too beat up.

Most guns were WRA receivers only unless they had the WRA barrel. WRA bolts were found random and I spotted a nice complete narrow WRA gas cylinder assembly. There were about 5 sets of SA lockbars, a SA JLG stock, SA NFR stock, WRA stock, SA SHM stock, and a few IHC stocks were found.

They had a few SA rack grades and 2 racks of HRA rack grades. In the quick look it seemed like there were be some worth taking home.

The deal of the day was 4 HRA Correct Grades on a rack today!!! Yes you read that right. $1535"

Wow....All that is missing are a few dozen IHC's. Maybe next week.
Maybe they'll get those as well as a few Carbines, Krag's, and 03's.

What I've gathered in my readings here is that the North Store has almost always been an afterthought. But, as luck would have it, they send some real gems to the great white north on occasion... if you recall the WRA I found with the light park. But, you're correct in that they get the short end of the stick and the leftovers form the main hub of the CMP.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:23 PM

Default Ask the COO

Shouldn't this inventory discrepancy between the two stores be addressed by the COO Mark Johnson? Ask him.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:37 PM

When will the North Store start stocking cheese?

Old 01-26-2015, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Alright guys, this train got too far down/off the tracks...don't need an e-version of the Civil War. The frustration is understandable; however, as pointed out a couple of times (and to no avail), this is not the venue to address it, particularly if one is unwilling to ask the question of CMP, nor will it be a bully pulpit.

This can all be culled down to Robert C Wind's post just above...Mark Johnson has previously provided his e-mail address in the Ask CMP forum so that you may direct questions and address concerns such as this directly with the man.

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Closed Thread