Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 09:10 PM

Default Jolly Rogers Resturant

This is going to sound like a rant from an old grouchy grump.......

I hear all this stuff about the Jolly Rodgers fish place near the North Store. We stopped by on Friday. Not that hungry I ask if I can buy just two pieces of perch. The guy says he has a box with three pieces. Great.........He said its $7.59.......I paused.........(Everybody says this place is great) ...fine. I pluck down my money. Expecting a large box he hands me a container that looks like a Big Mac container. I open it and it has three pieces of fish that look as big as chicken tenders. Really?

Am I missing something ???
Old 05-06-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyukx3fan View Post

I hear all this stuff about the Jolly Rodgers fish place near the North Store. We stopped by on Friday. Not that hungry I ask if I can buy just two pieces of perch. The guy says he has a box with three pieces. Great.........He said its $7.59.......I paused.........(Everybody says this place is great) ...fine. I pluck down my money. Expecting a large box he hands me a container that looks like a Big Mac container. I open it and it has three pieces of fish that look as big as chicken tenders. Really?

We found a nice restaurant up near the "Sleep Inn" called The Crosswinds, had a great meal of veal parm, wife had perch....both meals were very good.
Bob32268
Old 05-06-2018, 10:14 PM

There is fresh fish and there is frozen fish. If you really like fresh fish, you are willing to pay for it. If frozen fish is OK with you, it can be found at a much lower price. It's simply a matter of individual taste.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:29 PM

Com'r Perry Motel restaurant has great food and especially the wraps.

The Lagoon Saloon, 3131 W. Wayne St., Nugents Canal 419 734-5192. Left out of Perry and first exit over first bridge and keep taking right turns. Sits along the shore within the summer cottages.

Cozy Corner in Oak Harbor.

The Gallery sits on right side of route 163 on Lake Erie side in Marblehead. 163 swings around the peninsula and heads back east.

Nagoya's near intersection of routes 193 and 53.

Waldo Peppers in shopping center across from Nagoya's.

Don't forget desert at Toft's ice cream parlor to the right of Waldo Peppers.

I'm getting hungry!
Old 05-07-2018, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyukx3fan View Post

I ate there once, several years ago. Never plan to go back.
Vic
Old 05-07-2018, 06:05 AM

Never had a problem with portions or quality.
Usual order is Perch and Walleye combo with side order of clam strips.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:02 AM

I have enjoyed Jolly Roger's myself. No complaints, but I do prefer Phil's Italian restaurant across the street right next to Super 8. I usually eat at Phil's 3 or 4 times during the games. And they have fish too.

Semper Fi
Art
Old 05-07-2018, 10:37 AM

Years ago Jolly Rogers was a regular stop after a NS visit or during the matches, but my cardiologist put a stop to that. My current favorite sit downs are Waldo Peppers and Crosswinds, but they are not the same atmosphere. Every few years I also try to hit the Bon Ami seafood buffet, if that still exists.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:07 PM

I've been to JR three or four times and think it's so-so. Their platters taste good if you like heavy fried stuff, and will fill you up, and I have been willing to give them quite a few chances, but always seem to leave there thinking I probably should have gone somewhere else.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:47 PM

WOW! Everyone dog piling on the JR bash wagon! It's my favorite greasy fish restaurant in the area. Did have one occasion where it was extra greasy but have enjoyed many trips there. Phil's Inn is an old school Italian favorite too and right across the street from JR. BON APPETIT !
Closed Thread