Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardhuge View Post
What a Hot Mess after reading all this nonsense about the paperwork.... The instructions are real clear, if you cant follow simple instructions perhaps owning a firearm many not be a good choice for you, because where I came from you followed the Instruction Period, from field striping a smoke to doing your job.

Howard, I believe the CMP 1911 crew should hire you as their official PR guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2018, 07:17 PM

Howard, I would like to meet you, never met anyone that hasnt made a mistake.......yet.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkyBird View Post
Howard, I would like to meet you, never met anyone that hasnt made a mistake.......yet.

Mistakes are one thing, but to have 90 days to not make a mistake and prepare yourself accordingly. Címon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSmithEddy View Post
How can we know if our FFL sent their license with or without our names on them?

My FFL did not want to give me a copy of their license, but did allow me to include a partial number (0-00-XXX-XX-00000 where "0" is their number and "X" is, well, an X) on my form. They promised to fax their license with my info on it.

For everything else in the packet I dotted Is and crossed Ts, but this part was totally out of my control. Luckily, they were stoked about the possibility of me getting a good lottery number, so I have to have faith that they followed through on their end.
You can look download all the FFL numbers off of ATF's web site in a spreadsheet.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:41 PM

Thats only partial numbers, wont substitute for FFL
Old 09-23-2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkyBird View Post
Thats only partial numbers, wont substitute for FFL
I'm sure the great majority of FFL's like you (and me) use the ATF's FFL eZCheck to verify shipping addresses. It's pretty hard to run a scam using an FFL's information and changing the shipping address when all it takes is a quick search on the ATF's eZCheck website... Just sayin'...

https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/fflezcheck/

What's the old saying, trust but verify?!
Old 09-24-2018, 01:11 AM

I've heard stories, there are dealers that dont take it as seriously unfortunately
Old 09-24-2018, 10:24 AM

Well First HerkyBird i was a FE on E's and L100's,I love the Airframe... Second Your remark is indicative of your Mindset. Simple Instruction to be followed procedurally Like a CK List....its really not that hard. If you Cant follow simple Instructions then you cant follow complex things like Weapons clear, Muzzle pointed down range, Mag out and chamber open.... see....simple stuff.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:42 AM

Using fflezcheck.atf.gov only requires the first 3 digits and last 5 digits of an FFL license number. You plug in those digits, click submit, and then receive verification of the licensee's name, expiration date, trade name, premises address, and mailing address.

fflezcheck verifies that the receiving FFL is valid and active at the time of a shipment. That's why FFLs attach a copy of the ezcheck to an emailed or faxed FFL...to prove that the receiving FFL was not revoked at the time of the transfer.

Interesting to note that, while ezcheck works for type 01, 02, and 07 licenses, it doesn't work for type 03 or 06 licenses.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:06 AM

Howard, Im just saying that your general statement about people not following a checklist and gun ownership is a bit radical. I was one of the ones that sent in my packet with an early postmark, thus I obviously didnt follow the checklist. I corrected my mistake. People make mistakes . I agree that there is alot of idocracy surrounding this current release.
Closed Thread