Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 PM

Default Good restaurant

Found a great place to eat thats about 15 miles east of the North Store on Rt 2. Lemmys restaurant on Rt 6 (Rye Beach rd exit) in Huron. Its just north of the freeway exit,across from Shell.
Excellant local Perch !

Last edited by chesty; 02-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 PM

Good to know, as I'm making a trip to the North Store next month. Does anyone have suggestions regarding a good motel/hotel in the area?

Kilroy was here
Old 02-15-2012, 11:00 PM

Kilroy, there are plenty of hotels in Port Clinton on Lakeshore Drive. Should have no issue finding a room this time of year as it's a ghost town during the off season. During match time I stay in Fremont and make the 20 minute drive to save some money. Also try McCarthy's Pub, fantastic food and god times.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 AM

For a nice big meal close to the NS, it's hard to beat Diana's. Around 10 miles from the NS

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?ss=Diana's&where1=Port+Clinton%2c+Ohio&s_cid=ansPhBkYp01&mkt=en-us&ac=false&FORM=LARE#bGlkPXluNjczeDM1MTgwNjUz

When I stay at Port Clinton, I stay at the Port Clinton Island's Hotel(Formerly Fairfield Inn Mariott) It's a bit pricey during the matches but it should be reasonable off season.... it's close to a lot of dining and shopping and there is a gas station and convenience store right across the street. Free continental breakfast and newspaper as well. Also mere minutes from the NS

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...nton_Ohio.html

Last edited by TSimonetti; 02-16-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:37 AM

not to forget that (for those coming from the west) there's always Tony Packo's about 30 minutes west of the NS, off rte 2.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesty View Post
Found a great place to eat thats about 15 miles east of the North Store on Rt 2. Lemmys restaurant on Rt 6 (Rye Beach rd exit) in Huron. Its just north of the freeway exit,across from Shell.
Excellant local Perch !
I ate there last July for all you can eat perch on Friday and then Sat. morning for breakfast. Great!!
I also ate at the jolly Roger in Port Clinton and had the walleye! I am from Calif and dont have walleye unless I travel to that area near the Great lakes.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkydau View Post
I ate there last July for all you can eat perch on Friday and then Sat. morning for breakfast. Great!!
I also ate at the jolly Roger in Port Clinton and had the walleye! I am from Calif and dont have walleye unless I travel to that area near the Great lakes.
I love the Jolly Roger for a great/quick fried fish dive. But, if I recall correctly I think it is closed from Thanksgiving until sometime in March. I also like the buffet at the Mon Ami winery. A little pricey but a really good seafood selection during tourist season, don't know about the quality in the off-season.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM

TLB,
You hit both of my suggestions right on the head!

Jolly Roger rocks for perch and walleye, and Mon Ami is tops. To ease the hit on the wallet at Mon Ami, we opt for casual dining in the sports bar end of the building (to your left as you face the building).

They offer a full menu (it's not just bar food). My wife loves the artichoke crab dip, and they make a killer oven-fired pizza on the weekend nights. If you stay at Holiday Inn Express just down the road a mile, your room key gets you 10% off your bill at Mon Ami.

Because Jolly Roger was closed when were in Port Clinton in December, we went to Bell Mell Tavern in downtown Port Clinton. It is billed as the best pizza in Port Clinton, and it was delicious.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:20 PM

+1 on Jolly Rogers. I try to stop by there when I am in area.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 PM

I would agree that Dianas , Jolly Roger and Mon Ami are terrific. I have a weekend place on Catawba Island and have sampled all the local eateries over the years in search of the best perch. Lemmys is still the best although Brennans in Grand River,Ohio(east side of Cleveland) is awfully close and works for me when I cant get to Lemmys.
I should add a place in Sandusky, The East Side Cafe, for terrific burgers and really everything else. Its on First St very close to Cedar Point. Its a bit off the freeway but worth the ride. Very historical building too and was started by a WWII Marine vet.