Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 02:35 PM

Default Case included in store rifle sales?

Hello everyone,

My teenage son and I are going to make the 900 mile drive to the south store early next week to pick out several rifles. We will be driving back with the rifles; the extra $200 or so in sales tax isn't enough of a savings for my impatient self to have to wait for them.

In all my prep, it just occured to me that we need a way to get the rifles back securely. Since it looks like the store has closed for the day, and I can't find concrete info on their website or in the forums, do rifles bought and walked out from the store come with the CMP cases they ship them in, or do I need to take a few hard cases with me?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-23-2012, 02:50 PM

Welcome to the forum.

For now M1s do come with a free green CMP case for both mail order and in person. It would be worth the wait and spend the tax money you save for ammo. They usually ship the next day after you pick the rifle by FEDEX overnight so not a long wait.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:01 PM

Any other rifle comes in a sturdy foam filled cardboard box.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-nra View Post
Welcome to the forum.

For now M1s do come with a free green CMP case for both mail order and in person. It would be worth the wait and spend the tax money you save for ammo. They usually ship the next day after you pick the rifle by FEDEX overnight so not a long wait.
Thanks for the welcome and very quick reply! Good to know I don't need to haul five or six cases with me. I'd be more inclined to make sure each one is filled on the return trip.

I do know it would save a few bucks to have them shipped, but in the grand scheme of things, it isn't that much. For example, it means I would have to work from home for a day waiting for the rifles to show up via FedEx, and it was already a challenge getting the two days off next week for the trip in the middle product release at work.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:18 PM

I pay the sales tax as well. Alabama can usew the money anyway.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:58 PM

Consider this. Fedex will deliver to a Fedex store and you can pick them up after work no waiting for the truck. you'd be able to pick up 2-3 ammo cans for the savings.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:21 PM

OR take a few mail a few. I like the ammo idea. Theres a good chance you'll get the fever and but extras anyway.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:45 PM

Today the said that all shooting garands come with the hard case. I was excited when they got the case for mine because I thought it was only mail orders that would get one.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:02 PM

Yeah I always ship. Tax on a $525 field grade is 52.50 compared to $24.95 for next day shipping. They usually will ship it on whatever day you want them too so you can be prepared, and yes I have picked mine up at the Express office if I wasn't going to be home.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:52 PM

When I went last summer I paid the tax and took my rifle with me. From the way the post reads I would say that the OP will have no problems getting whatever he wants and paying the sales tax.