Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 02:55 PM

Default South store report please - upcoming visit

Plan on stopping at the south store on Saturday. It is a pretty good drive from Louisiana. Will be looking for a service grade SA and hopefullly a krag. Does anyone have a recent report? Last I see is from the 23rd of July. Thanks
Old 06-28-2012, 08:44 AM

Was there yesterday. There were a handful of Krags, half of them cutdown ones. None of them were in good enough shape for me to consider taking one home. At most, it was a chance to show my son some out-of-the-box engineering.

I don't recall seeing any SG SAs around but I may have missed them. There were a lot of HRA SAs around as I picked out one myself that looks almost brand new minus all the cosmoline still on it. It reads 1+ and 2+, but there were several more of the same shape around it. Even a bunch of the FGs that looked pretty good.

They had 10 or 15 of what I believe they called "correct" SAs for $925, but all with new wood. I took home one of those reading 1+ and 2.

They had 8 or 9 SG Winchesters at the beginning for $795. Only one had original wood but was in really good shape still. When we left around 10am, only 4 remained as I my son got one with beautiful cherry-colored wood. I was going to snap up that original wood one, but my son had already called dibs on Winchester.

There was a really good number of M1C and M1Ds there in really nice condition, and if I knew the wife would not have killed me with it over the price when I got home, I would have brought one of those home too.

Last edited by CounterMeasure; 06-28-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: SG WRA are $795 not $725
Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 AM

Thanks CounterMeasure. Not enough guys post store reports. Probably less than 1% of customers post store reports here unfortunately.
The SG WRA's cost $795 last week. What do you mean "original wood?"
Old 06-28-2012, 10:45 AM

Original Wood = not CMP Wood

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 06-28-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
Original Wood = not CMP Wood
Correct, that is what I meant.

And sorry, I went back and looked at my paperwork, and the WRA SGs were $795, not $725. I mixed the price numbers up with the SG HRA I bought. Thanks for catching that.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Freeman View Post
Thanks CounterMeasure. Not enough guys post store reports. Probably less than 1% of customers post store reports here unfortunately.
That is true. It helps me a lot when I'm planning a trip. I always try to post some description after a trip.

I do have to hold back some of the juicy details though .... like the time in 2008 when the guy across the rack from me found a plugged M1C among the $395 rack grade rifles.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:00 PM

Let us wannabe shooters know what the best TE/ME's are on the FG's. Any make.