Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 02:38 PM

Default Store Report 7/13/12

I made a quick run this morning to pick up some ammo and just check things out. Much was as expected, but I picked up some carbine ammo, a can of HXP, a box of the new clips, and I found a 1943 Oneida Limited spear point on the bayonet table. Very few folks in the store, lots of empty racks. There was never more than 6-8 folks in the store while I was there.

Here is the quick run down:

Stocks - still plenty of the M1903A3 stocks and 10 or so M14 stocks.

BR - less than 6 of the M1903A3 and a dozen or so of the M1s

Garand Receivers - normal amount, nothing stood out

M1903 low number receivers - they had around 10 in the case

No M1917s

Krags - 5 cut down rifles and around 8-10 of the chrome or white paint variety. I think they moved most to the North Store for the Matches there.

Service Grade Garands:
2+ racks of SG HRAs. The majority were in USGI wood. Around 5 in the orange CMP wood and one or two in CMP walnut. Most had M=2 and T=3. My buddy found a gem/keeper within the first 5 minutes of looking... a 5.6M SG HRA with a 1955 LMR barrel (M=1, T=2). The only other LMR barrels I saw were on the M1C rifles.

Around 8 SG SA rifles. Most had M=2+ and T=3+...

1 SG WRA in CMP orange and sporting the greek black.

FG Garands -
Multiple racks of HRA and SA. I found one HRA with an 1955 HRA barrel that had a M=1 and T=2... and it was in a nice USGI HRA stock... That was the gem of the Field Grades. The rest were pretty average... most had M=3 and T=4+

Snipers - plenty to pick from if your pockets are deep. I don't know enough about them to tell if any were better than others... there were several M1C's that had LMR barrels for those who are interested.

Table full of the bayonets mostly average, with a few real dogs. They had 1 EUS and the rest were "modified" M1905E1. I was pleased to find one Oneida Limited (it came home with me). There were plenty of the AFH, UFH, UC, and PALs to pick from. Only saw 1 "bowie point". The box of M5A1 bayonets were all Milpar or Inperial. As for the M1905s there were 8-10. All with the black handles.

The Turner "seconds" were still plentiful and there was a box of Greek leather slings as well.

In the might be worth mentioning category... Some of the ladies in the back were talking about "restocking for tomorrow" in case some of you were thinking about a Saturday trip. Also there continues to be some comments about a few more 22 rifles being turned in... lets keep our fingers crossed for another opportunity for some of those...

As always, it was a great day to be at the CMP. Leon was behind the counter but will soon be heading to Camp Perry for the next few weeks.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:09 PM

Excellent report. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:12 PM

What did the 1903A3 barreled receivers look like?

What is the price?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2012, 09:40 PM

Sorry I didn't check the price on them. Hopefully someone else will provide the price. The ones I looked at had some pitting below the wood line. I didn't check the barrels.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 PM

What is the deal with the turner seconds? Are they functional? what is the price?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:50 AM

The Turner slings are priced at $40. They are fully functional and great slings. You will be hard pressed to see why they are "seconds". A couple of years ago, the Turner Slings were standard on the CMP Specials.