Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 07:10 PM

Default New from Virginia

Hello from Virginia,
Today I received my first Garand from the CMP. I know that when you order, its luck of the draw on what you get. What I got is a great looking gun, gages well with good looking bore/rifling (SA service grade as ordered). I was kind of hoping that I would draw a gun with a USGI stock. I'm wondering if I should be disappointed that it has CMP wood. Does this mean its less collectable? I would appreciate any thoughts
Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg231 View Post
Hello from Virginia,
Today I received my first Garand from the CMP. I know that when you order, its luck of the draw on what you get. What I got is a great looking gun, gages well with good looking bore/rifling (SA service grade as ordered). I was kind of hoping that I would draw a gun with a USGI stock. I'm wondering if I should be disappointed that it has CMP wood. Does this mean its less collectable? I would appreciate any thoughts
Welcome fellow Virginian! I would not be disappointed with any SG received from CMP. They are most always going to be a very nice rifle with very good bores. You can always sell your CMP stock set here on the forum and find some USGI wood. Get us some pictures over on the M1 Garand section and show off that new rifle.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:15 PM

Hi Wstanley,
Thanks for the reply and the reassurance. Will post pics in the next couple days. I have enough set aside to add one more to the collection and am thinking of making a run to SS to hand pick.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 PM

Hey welcome...Near Quantico here...sounds like a road trip?!! depends where you are at...I'm looking for my 1st...still...learning
Old 12-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergunnera8 View Post
Hey welcome...Near Quantico here...sounds like a road trip?!! depends where you are at...I'm looking for my 1st...still...learning
Hi Mastergunner, in Hampton Roads here. Looks like the south store is 9 to 10 hours. From what I hear will be worth it though