Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu929 View Post
Nice report!

It is sad, the NS is the only store I could ever drive and and at times it really does seem like the get the short end of the stick. Yes Im thankful they are there and I truly do appreciate the CMP but it def seems like there is a lot more inventory at the south store than at the north.
Greetings!

Not right now there isn't! On 12-12-12 (last Wednesday) more than half of the rack space at the South Store was empty, and the photos here in this thread show much more to pick from than Anniston has right now.

Regards,
747Driver
Old 12-15-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
It's a little disappointing to see such a weak selection, but trust me, there's a LOT of very nice HRA FGs. Bores are great, lots of correct parts, and DAS stamped stocks that are an afternoon of elbow grease from being beautiful. Unless your heart is set on a WRA or SA, or an SG, there are still plenty to choose from. At least half of them were a bath away from being SGs.
Are they WWII rifles or newer ones? I don't care who made it but I do want a WWII Garand, not a newer one.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 PM

All HRAs are post WW II rifles.

"Life is Good!"
Old 12-15-2012, 04:40 PM

Thanks for the great report, almost as much fun as being there.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:42 PM

DPD You Da Man..Nice report

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 12-15-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
All HRAs are post WW II rifles.

"Life is Good!"
Wonderful.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 PM

What do they ask for the NMs? Those Kimbers are sweet...no sights on them tho...
Old 12-15-2012, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergunnera8 View Post
What do they ask for the NMs? Those Kimbers are sweet...no sights on them tho...
The National Match rifles are $2,500. The Kimbers come with sights, they are just not mounted while on the display racks. Upon purchase you will receive the sights and bolt in the box.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:40 PM

DPD3672,

I think you were taking pictures of the 7.62 BR's when I was making my final selection.

I ended up taking home two MK2 Mod1 BR's on SA receivers, one H&R conversion and one USN conversion, to keep my AMF converted MK2 Mod1 company.

The H&R BR gauges TE=1 MW=1 and is nice overall condition. 1.81 mil SA receiver.

The USN BR gauges TE=0.5 MW=0, SPL marked barrel, polished underside of barrel, the remains of epoxy on the barrel from where the hand guards were "glued" on. 1.76 mil SA receiver.

The TE measurement marked on the receiver made picking them a little bit easier. I brought my gauges since they were not marked last time I was there. Most 7.62 BR's were 3+ and I did see an 8 in there. A guy who was at the rack before me took 4 or 5 (I think one was an AMF) up to the counter before I selected mine. When I left the rack there were only 3 or 4 BR's that measured under 2. All were SA receivers, only a few were H&R's conversions, most were USN conversions, 2 still had hand guards on them, and about another six had epoxy left on the barrel from where the hand guards were "glued" on.

It will probably be a bit before I build these BR's back into complete Garands, but I wanted to get a USN and H&R to go with my AMF conversion, before all the good ones are gone, and it looks like that time is coming soon by what's on the racks.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:48 PM

This year was a great year for the North Store. At the beginning of 2012, the SG rifles were great with really nice USGI wood. Then we had the Win-13 rifles show up. After the National Matches were over, there were many very good shipments of rifles including many WWII rifles with WWII barrels, 5.9m, 5.3m, and other less common variations. The BR selection was good, the ammo variations were good, nice Kimbers, M1A kits, specials, snipers, etc. All good stuff.