Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Bolt Action
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2019, 04:48 PM

Default WTS: Remington 1903A3 1943 rework

Up for sale is my Remington 1903A3. This is a good condition, working milsurp rifle that I've owned for a little less than a year. The previous owner mostly kept it as a safe queen for the past 30 years. I am only selling it to finance another purchase.

To my knowledge this is not a CMP rifle. The receiver dates it to May 1943 and the barrel date is 4-43 so probably both were issued together, though the gun definitely had an arsenal rebuild at some point in its life (see below) judging by the number of parkerized parts and the stock cartouches. All marked parts are "R" marked so far as I can tell.

Stock cartouches are faint but present, and indicate an arsenal rework done at the Benecia Arsenal. The barrel has the correct "flaming bomb" and "R.A." markings. The stock is in good condition with some dents and dings from storage, but no cracks. Finish appears to be original and the wood has good character.

Bore condition is dark and there may be some pitting, though it could also just need a good cleaning. The rifling appears strong, however. I shot this gun only once since acquiring it, putting no more than 10 rounds through it, and the accuracy was fine for a milsurp rifle (2"-3" groups or so at 100 yards). The gun feeds and extracts just fine - I had to replace the magazine follower when I acquired it because the lip had worn. I do not own a ME gauge but a standard .30-06 M2 Ball round seems to pass the "bullet test".

Overall the gun would be a good buy for someone looking to own one of these classic WW2 rifles, shoot it occasionally at the range, and not worry too much about it getting banged up. If you are looking for a safe queen or a super accurate shooter, this one probably isn't for you.

I am asking $740 shipped to the lower 47 (no California). C&R ok.

I cannot figure out how to post pictures on this forum, so just PM me and I'll email pics.

Thanks for looking!

-Mike