Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-18-2020, 05:38 PM
JustinandKim JustinandKim is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Albertville,Alabama
Posts: 292
Default

At Talladega there are at least two IHC stocks with DAS and proofs that are legible. 1 is on a Winchester with a VFW sticker on the bottom just saying the post number. The other is on a IHC rifle with IHC bolt and OProd and gas cylinder has football shape.

I purchased a Rock Island Arsenal 1903 with a USMC stippling on the butt plate.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-18-2020, 06:56 PM
eastlandb1 eastlandb1 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 50
Default

Where the two IHC stocked rifles Service or Field grades?




Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinandKim View Post
At Talladega there are at least two IHC stocks with DAS and proofs that are legible. 1 is on a Winchester with a VFW sticker on the bottom just saying the post number. The other is on a IHC rifle with IHC bolt and OProd and gas cylinder has football shape.

I purchased a Rock Island Arsenal 1903 with a USMC stippling on the butt plate.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-18-2020, 07:37 PM
JustinandKim JustinandKim is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Albertville,Alabama
Posts: 292
Default

I didn't pay attention to that detail! I dont really look at grades or barrel numbers. Since, I look at the complete rifle so I don't get hung up on preconceptions of what makes rifle better than others. It's just my personal opinion. So I just reported what I personally seen and kept note of.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-19-2020, 05:08 AM
6milguy 6milguy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 634
Default

The two IHC stocks were on field grade rifles that have been in the TMP store for several weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-20-2020, 06:50 AM
eastlandb1 eastlandb1 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 50
Default

Thanks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 6milguy View Post
The two IHC stocks were on field grade rifles that have been in the TMP store for several weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-22-2020, 01:12 PM
bwct bwct is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
They only sell rifles in the "safe" serial number range.
No low numbers.
They have sold low numbered Springfield 1903's in the past; didn't know that they no longer would.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-22-2020, 04:13 PM
Tennboy Tennboy is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 2,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwct View Post
They have sold low numbered Springfield 1903's in the past; didn't know that they no longer would.
Low number Springfields and Rock Islands were going for $300 plus shipping back in 2011. High numbered 03s and 03A3s were $500-550.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-22-2020, 08:35 PM
ZvenoMan ZvenoMan is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 3,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
They only sell rifles in the "safe" serial number range.
No low numbers.
Do you have a source for this?
I have seen them for sale in the past (CMP stores and online). I purchased a LN drill rifle a few months ago (but my comments are about non-drill rifles). In the CMP volunteer days I sorted and graded many, LN Springfield in one carton, HN Springfield in another, and so on.

The rulebooks prohibit their use in CMP matches. All CMP rifles include documents about safety, qualified gunsmith, etc. And most importunity, LN 1903s are historically significant and by no means suitable for scrap.
They may continue to segregate them, and maybe they are waiting for time to sort and grade them, maybe waiting for a month not ending in Y, who knows. But I doubt they are destroying them, and storing rifles they won't sell is not reasonable.
Logic says they would sell them.
JH
__________________
Zvenoman

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-22-2020, 08:56 PM
Shomway Shomway is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,373
Send a message via AIM to Shomway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Do you have a source for this?
I have seen them for sale in the past (CMP stores and online). I purchased a LN drill rifle a few months ago (but my comments are about non-drill rifles). In the CMP volunteer days I sorted and graded many, LN Springfield in one carton, HN Springfield in another, and so on.

The rulebooks prohibit their use in CMP matches. All CMP rifles include documents about safety, qualified gunsmith, etc. And most importunity, LN 1903s are historically significant and by no means suitable for scrap.
They may continue to segregate them, and maybe they are waiting for time to sort and grade them, maybe waiting for a month not ending in Y, who knows. But I doubt they are destroying them, and storing rifles they won't sell is not reasonable.
Logic says they would sell them.
JH
Or trade them to Dupage....
__________________
31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-22-2020, 09:04 PM
ZvenoMan ZvenoMan is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 3,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Or trade them to Dupage....
Quite possible. But Dupage would have been selling them, they do have a unique demand.
JH
__________________
Zvenoman

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.