Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2020, 08:53 AM

Pics man, you forgot the pics!!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01-21-2020, 06:59 PM

I'm not nearly savvy enough to do that.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:08 PM

IMHO the 82G is mostly a lurker in the .22 world. Mine was made in the 2nd batch (normally bad?) and I love it. Not an Anschutz or a Rem. 40x, but they can shoot pretty darn good. My oldest shot his for a few matches then went to custom unlimited ; now he talks about going back to iron sights (?). He's got good eyes, I don't. The rifle is a bit "clunky ", but it's made for 3-position. Would have loved to try it for that shooting back it was made in the 80's. For benchrest, you have to play with it a little. It needs a "good grab" onto everything to keep it settled down.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:12 PM

Addendum, both us into benchrest. The 82G was not made for that, not a straight line between forearm & rear of stock. Just takes a lot more thinking & such for that discipline.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwenum View Post
Addendum, both us into benchrest. The 82G was not made for that, not a straight line between forearm & rear of stock. Just takes a lot more thinking & such for that discipline.
I modified my Kimber 82 by adding a 2 piece Freeland butt plate which can be adjusted up or down to fit you. This makes it a very good benchrest rifle.

A nice feature of the Kimber is that it has a grooved receiver which will accept any clamp type scope base. Of course, you have to remove the iron target type sights to use a scope on it.