Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2020, 09:13 PM

Default Late SG in Saginaw Range

I recently picked up a 3.62 million SG in the Saginaw range. It is all SG with the exception of the type 2 rear sight and replacement B/R marked hammer. The mag catch is IP marked. Trigger housing has the hallmark IP through and through tool hole as opposed to the SG dimple. Barrel is Underwood 11/43 and has the original SG front sight. I have no intention of restoring the hammer or rear sight. Interestingly enough the slide has very significant tooling marks on the inside. You can make out the S then the other . I am curious if anyone else has observed rough tooling marks on the inside of other SG slides? Thanks and Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2020, 09:34 PM

Yes, just picked one up fairly recently with heavy swirling machine marks. Person said it was unmarked and priced accordingly. When I received it and could look close I found the SG and was very happy to have done so. Kind of felt bad for the seller but you win some, you lose some. S was stamped light but G and apostrophes were easy to see especially magnified. Congrats on your pickup!
Old 01-01-2020, 09:52 PM

Thanks, same to you. You hit the nail on the head when you said heavy swirling machine marks. That is exactly what I have on mine.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:39 PM

Happy to help assuage your concern about your slide. Definitely kind of tough to find the marking if you arent familiar with the machine marks or have a clue about what you are looking for. I had to check to make sure I was not seeing things I wanted to see. Once I saw another like it I knew that was what it was and can find it clearly now even just with my own eye.