Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 06:55 PM

Default Source for background info on Carbine manufactures

As I prepare for one last hoorah on the carbine rackers before they go away, I am looking for reference detail on the makers. I would love to have them all, but I’ll settle for the most interesting history (well from my point of view). I know the best reference it probably Ruth’s “War Baby” book, but at this point I am using the money to buy a carbine instead of a book that will still be in print for some time to come.

So between the various Wiki’s, web links, and other on line sources I have an idea of the players and stories, but I still would like to know more so I can make an intelligent call (well more intelligent that throwing a dart).

So any idea of sources that might have more than two lines on the various makers? Winchester and Inland are easy, heck for that matter so are Rock-ola and IBM, however where can I get the skinny on the smaller names in an easy on line source?

Thanks for any pointers,
Flem
Old 02-02-2010, 07:08 PM

Spend the money on "War Baby" it will save you enough time to pay for itself.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

ive been happy with 6th edition of us m1 carbines wartime production by craig riesch its answered 99% of my questions at a reasonable price
Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 AM

Thanks guys. Both of these were already on my "to get" list. I guess I'll just go with the old gut for my purchase this week and then grab the books asap after that. Maybe the carbines will hold out and then I won't have any excuse not to get yet another in the summer.