Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2017, 09:41 AM

Default South Store Report 04/20/2017

There were four customers at opening and inventory remains about the same as last week.

M1 SA WWII Correct, 12, 3000.00

M1 post war Collector, 9, 8 HRA/1 SA, 2000.00

M1 Drill, 9, all USGI wood

1903a3's Drill, 11, some with very nice stocks

M1C, 4, FG

M1D's

WRA, SG 4, FG 3, RG 4, some additional rifles added since last week. Some with very nice stocks.

SA, SG 4, FG 2,

NM 1

Daisy air rifle, 2

Full box 6.00 cotton slings, 1907 slings 2, dated cotton slings 3

Good luck on your searches.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 AM

Thanks for the update!
Old 04-20-2017, 11:59 AM

Thanks PH.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:03 PM

Visiting Tuscaloosa tomorrow and Saturday, you saved me a side trip and several hours of sleep.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:57 PM

Looks like the corrects and collectors will be like the NM rifles, sitting around for a long time.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTN View Post
Looks like the corrects and collectors will be like the NM rifles, sitting around for a long time.
All they have to do is put them on auction and they'll all be gone quickly at higher prices than the stores have them listed at. I hope they do hang around for a while, I'd like to get my hands on a mint Post War SA Collector Grade for $2000. That's a fair price today, imo.
GSM Master Instructor
Old 04-20-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
I hope they do hang around for a while, I'd like to get my hands on a mint Post War SA Collector Grade for $2000. That's a fair price today, imo.
You are correct on current mint value Doug, but friends and acquaintances who have visited the store recently report to me that these are equivalent in condition to the 2009-2012 post war correct grades ($950-$1050) and easily correctable service grades ($595-$625). If you have a few of those in your safe, you may hesitate shelling out $2200 after looking them over. I'll have to admit though that I have not examined them myself.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:04 PM

Hey Tom,

You are killing me my friend, I am trying to put off the visit to the South Store until the fall. You are not helping me at all!

Thanks again for the dedication that you are showing the members of this forum by giving us constant updates, it is well appreciated.

Thanks again, Mike
Old 04-20-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1MAN View Post
Hey Tom,

You are killing me my friend, I am trying to put off the visit to the South Store until the fall. You are not helping me at all!

Thanks again for the dedication that you are showing the members of this forum by giving us constant updates, it is well appreciated.

Thanks again, Mike
I try to be careful with my reports so I don't report building up an item or report negatively on items, so folks can make their own decisions on a visit. When I visit I have items I'm looking for and hopefully sooner or later I will find what I'm looking for. Stopping by the store is like visiting with the old timer at MacDonalds , I just do it with Mike and other customers.
When I first started reporting on the store and visiting often my wife ask if I was seeing a women there!!!!! LOL
I enjoy reporting on the store and thanks for your comment and the comments of others.
Hope you see something in the report that is worth you making the trip. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:57 AM

Default I'm really itchin to get back down there

Got to plan another trip in the next few weeks while the WRA M1Ds are still there and have nice stocks
Weather like it is its amazing how many others things need to be done that keep you from making the trip
Rob