Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2017, 09:51 PM

Default Ammo

Does the north store stock any ammo? Also what about rifle stocks,slings ECT? Going to be traveling nearby in a couple of weeks, wondering if worth a detour?
Old 04-19-2017, 10:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

For the most part you should find the ammo listed in the Estore will be at the NS.
The store does have stocks but will be of the replacement commercial type but not USGI stocks. They had at one time some M14 stocks on the rough side.
The last time I was there they had a plastic box full of the green USGI canvas/cloth slings for $5
If you are in the area, you should stop in and see the store. The base is open to the public and you can see where the National Matches are shot too.

Last edited by Shomway; 04-19-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:38 AM

I don't know how far you would need to detour? But you should weigh that upon what is in stock at the time you pass through. Call a day or two before...(419) 635-2141. They will have ammo and some items from the e-store but if you have specific needs best to call. I was there in January and the box of slings was very picked over and most weren't even worth the $6.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T38Carbine View Post
I don't know how far you would need to detour? But you should weigh that upon what is in stock at the time you pass through. Call a day or two before...(419) 635-2141. They will have ammo and some items from the e-store but if you have specific needs best to call. I was there in January and the box of slings was very picked over and most weren't even worth the $6.
I thought about nabbing a few slings, but they were kind of ugly. Left them in the box and went home completely empty handed after a 6 hour drive one way. My whole trip there was kind of a bust that was soured by terrible traffic through Chicago and getting to CMP with only about 45 mins to peruse...Not nearly enough time to break out the checkbook. I need to make another trip and get there early AM so I won't be on a time constraint and forced to make a rushed decision or no decision at all...But then I went and stumbled into 2 more items after I returned home anyways because I felt the trip left a VOID.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:38 PM

As T38Carbine suggests best call ahead if after something specific. I hit the NS each year while attending The Nationals but also try to visit a couple more times each year. I've never had a bad trip there even if I didn't make a purchase.

If this will be your first time trip you definintly need to go. Check out the base while there too.

rifle guy
Old 04-21-2017, 09:52 PM

I would be coming through on i70, if I weren't to detour. I may give them a call and see. I've got a long trip as in 2 days of driving anyway so to kill a few extra hours ain't the end of the world looking like it would be a nice detour and break from driving. Probably stay the night and go in the am. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:00 PM

Keep in mind you'll pay state tax on the ammo if you buy at the store. It's actually cheaper to buy online and have them ship it to you for free - unless you're in Ohio I guess.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:08 PM

When I was there a few weeks ago, they had HXP in cardboard box packaged 180 rounds per CMP plastic can for $144 plus tax. And as mentioned, most everything on the estore can be picked up.