Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > My Gun DB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 06:11 PM

Default Firearms list

Is there a way to change the title under the firearms list? For example if I enter 10 Mosin Nagants my list will just say Mosin Nagant M91/30 10 times in a row. It would be nice if I could get more info or choose which info I have there to easily find a particular gun.

For the time being I figured I could just put whatever title I want in the manufacturer block since that is what transfers there.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petebert View Post
Is there a way to change the title under the firearms list? For example if I enter 10 Mosin Nagants my list will just say Mosin Nagant M91/30 10 times in a row. It would be nice if I could get more info or choose which info I have there to easily find a particular gun.

For the time being I figured I could just put whatever title I want in the manufacturer block since that is what transfers there.
Well, you can set an Identifier for the firearms, which would be used instead of the internal firearm #. What info would you like to see if multiple firearms are similar manufacturer and model to tell them apart? I've been playing with code to try to get firearms to be grouped by Manufacturer and Model, but I have no ETA for it just yet -- once it's finished, I could have a Mouseover popup show additional info, but what info would be useful there?

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Old 12-19-2013, 10:30 AM

What I'm looking for is a way to manage a collection and be able to find information on a particular firearm easily. For example, the way the program defaults if I were to enter 50 Mausers and 50 Mosins my firearms list would have a huge list that just Mauser and Mosin 50 times. I'd then have to sort through them to find the rifle I'm looking for.

What I've decided to do in the meantime is just put whatever info I want displayed into the manufacturer block since that defaults followed by the model.

Last edited by petebert; 12-19-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petebert View Post
What I'm looking for is a way to manage a collection and be able to find information on a particular firearm easily. For example, the way the program defaults if I were to enter 50 Mausers and 50 Mosins my firearms list would have a huge list that just Mauser and Mosin 50 times. I'd then have to sort through them to find the rifle I'm looking for.

What I've decided to do in the meantime is just put whatever info I want displayed into the manufacturer block since that defaults followed by the model.

Sorry for the delay as I haven't been around much due to the chaoticness of the season. My apologies.

What data do you actually use to find the one you're looking for? That'll help me figure out ways to make the interface better.

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98