Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2019, 07:02 PM

You might as well get a full sizing die as after 4 or 5 loadings and firings your going to have to full length resize to get the cases to chamber properly.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:21 PM

Just buy a 308 Lee collet neck sizing die and you're set. Cheap and effective. But, eventually you'll need a full length sizing die if you plan on reloading that brass very many times over 5 or so or when it starts getting difficult to chamber. The 30-06 dies will not work. They are too long and you won't even reach the neck of the 308 case. The dimensions of the French case is different and you'll probably just ruin your cases trying to use them.

Hell, On eBay, a set of Lee RGB 308 Win dies are as low as $18 shipped. Surely you can afford that, right? That's cheaper than the Lee collet die. I just bought a set of RGB 243 Win dies there for $18 because I'm also a cheapskate.

I take it back. $21.79 shipped. search 308 RGB

Last edited by lapriester; 10-14-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:19 PM

Truth be told, I think that most of us reloaders are cheapskates at heart.

I got into it back when I was 17 years old because it was the only way I could afford to shoot my surplus 98 German Mauser. Back then it would cost a whole quarter to fire one commercially made round. By reloading, I could get it down to about a nickel a shot.