Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2016, 09:01 AM

Default New member form Missouri

Hello Everyone,
Not sure if I should start this out by saying my name and telling all of you that I have a Garand addiction, but it wouldn't be far from the truth. My first Garand was purchased in 2013 was a SA 442,XXX Blue Sky import with a tomato stake for a barrel and a worn out op rod. Long story short, after lots of research and acquiring a almost new .5 ME / 1 TE LMR from a good friend of mine and found a NM rebuilt oprod from gunbroker. The gas cylinder gauged good and headspaced no problem. Its been downhill ever since. I have aquired a few more since then including a early production IHC and a late production HRA. All I need left is a decent WRA and I will be set. My brother and I met a older gentleman down at the Tulsa gun show in 2014 by the name of Jack. Don't remember his last name, but he knew his Garands. He told us, 1st you buy 1. Then after a while, you have 1 for every day of the week. Next thing you know, you have 1 for every day of the month. Boy he wasn't kidding. About me. I started out working way through college working for a well know pistol smith in central Missouri and really never had the urge at the time for military weapons. It was either S&W or building up Rem 700 actions. I have been kicking myself ever since because my collection would have cost me a lot less money at the time. After 20 years, I finally came around.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:18 AM

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-23-2016, 09:32 AM

Thank you, Its good to surround yourself with like minded people.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:50 PM

Welcome to the forums...a lot of us wish we would have bought more garands 20 or 30 years ago...