Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
What do you consider tight groups???
Yes, Field Grade muzzles can grade more than three, as I have said before I have seen them gauge 6-7 which would affect accuracy .
Stock fit also has a huge affect on accuracy. FG's will usually have worn loose stocks
Asking how others FG rifles are at the range is no different than asking what do the FG's look like that are being shipped.
You CANNOT judge what you will get by what someone else has received, accuracy wise or cosemetic.
Seems like we keep going in circles on the subject
Sorry, I don't see your point.
I am simply trying to determine which grade to purchase and I am asking for opinions from others who own field grades to help me make my decision. I plan to fire whatever Garand I may get and I don't want a rifle with a shot-out barrel. I may go to the store very soon to pick something out.
So, my question is, if anyone has a field grade that they shoot occasionally, what did the muzzle gauge and do you have reasonable success at the range?
Seems simple enough, right?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 PM

I give up, Good luck with whatever you decide, I hope you get the rifle you are hoping for
Old 07-11-2013, 08:05 PM

Me too.
Thanks. I will.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 x 5 View Post
Sorry, I don't see your point.
I am simply trying to determine which grade to purchase and I am asking for opinions from others who own field grades to help me make my decision. I plan to fire whatever Garand I may get and I don't want a rifle with a shot-out barrel. I may go to the store very soon to pick something out.
So, my question is, if anyone has a field grade that they shoot occasionally, what did the muzzle gauge and do you have reasonable success at the range?
Seems simple enough, right?
Time for you to go to the store and buy a field grade in WW2 serial # range with the best muzzle and throat readings you can find. It's as simple as that. People at the store will help you if you have any specific questions on the rifles in stock when you're there.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryan1203 View Post
Time for you to go to the store and buy a field grade in WW2 serial # range with the best muzzle and throat readings you can find. It's as simple as that. People at the store will help you if you have any specific questions on the rifles in stock when you're there.
Yep. Just trying to squeeze the money from somewhere. Then I am going. I need to join the club while there too for $25. Hopefully if I have enough $$ pick up some carbine ammo and some Greek ammo if they have any left. Not messing with the AP. I don't know what to stay away from with that stuff.

At the store,do you get any clips with the Garand? And a case?

Last edited by 5 x 5; 07-11-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 PM

When I was there last year and bought mine, it came with the CMP plastic hard case and one enbloc clip. I'm assuming that's still their policy.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC51 View Post
When I was there last year and bought mine, it came with the CMP plastic hard case and one enbloc clip. I'm assuming that's still their policy.
Did you have it shipped, or take it with you?
Google advanced search: http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
In "site or domain" put: forums.thecmp.org
-
Old 07-12-2013, 12:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerFiler View Post
Did you have it shipped, or take it with you?
It don't matter, you get the hardcase if you take it with you or have it shipped. Everything you get when shipped you get at the stores.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC51 View Post
that's what I got too. and a chamber flag. you can also buy a pack of 25 new manufacture enblocs at the store (if they are in stock).

But set yourself up for reasonable expectations as far as accuracy goes. A field grade M1 is no AR. from what I've read expect a 3 MOA rifle at best
Old 07-12-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
It don't matter, you get the hardcase if you take it with you or have it shipped. Everything you get when shipped you get at the stores.
Thanks. I always wondered about that.
Google advanced search: http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
In "site or domain" put: forums.thecmp.org
-