Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2020, 06:14 PM

Default Problem with Brownells

Hi, I recently returned some stuff to Brownells. They don't want to honor their return policy.The items are new in Brownells bags but they say I need to prove I purchased them. I've been dealing with them for 20 years and never had a problem, Mike
Old 12-04-2020, 06:43 PM

Ok. Did you order them online? If so, you must have a receipt... Or at least an account number. Not sure what you want us to do for you...
Old 12-04-2020, 06:51 PM

What date is on your original purchase receipts from them?

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 12-04-2020, 06:53 PM

Lots of unknowns here. How long have you had the "stuff"? Does any of it have a shelf life (acraglas, paint, etc.)? Is it stuff that is not eligible for return (ammo, powder, primers, etc.)? Did you follow their stated return policy or contact them for instructions prior to sending the stuff back? Per Jakeroub, not sure what you're looking for here.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:36 PM

Exclamation

If you made the purchases on line and in the decent past, not years ago, there is a record on your account of the purchase. Look it up. Years ago, forget it, no one will honor that. Someone else bought it and you are looking for a refund to you, forget it, ain't going to happen. Returns without electronic verification or a receipt copy, forget it, you own it. That's like buying stuff at a garage sale in original boxes for pennies and asking for a retail price refund. No paper, no money.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:52 PM

Also if purchased online, you should have an electronic copy of the receipt, invoice and shipping notification in your email.

I keep all electronic files like this in a folder titled "Gun Stuff" on my email account. Makes it easier to find them when I need them.
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Old 12-04-2020, 10:17 PM

Hi, I get dealer pricing and everything is in Brownells parts bags , new. She said they had no time to look through invoices. This is not my first rodeo. I purchased and returned items for 20 years. It took 15 minutes and I found 8 invoices that I just sent them. Just a warning that all is not what it should be. Monday morning I'm going to try and contact Pete Brownell or his Dad, Mike
Old 12-04-2020, 10:25 PM

Did you just randomly return the items without contacting them first? Where is your invoice?

I don't blame them for being difficult if they received some random stuff with no paperwork.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mike View Post
Hi, I get dealer pricing and everything is in Brownells parts bags , new. She said they had no time to look through invoices. This is not my first rodeo. I purchased and returned items for 20 years. It took 15 minutes and I found 8 invoices that I just sent them. Just a warning that all is not what it should be. Monday morning I'm going to try and contact Pete Brownell or his Dad, Mike
If you had sent copies of the invoices with the returned parts, there would be no reason for the lady at Brownells to have to look them up. Why didn't you send copies of the invoices? I don't blame Brownell's. Expecting them to take the time and effort to go back through the records to prove you purchased the parts is a little much. Sounds to me like you created your own problem.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:52 AM

Talking

Truthfully, to me, this has an odd smell to it. Expecting them to look up what you should be looking up yourself? Ha! I'd say "I don't have the time" also, LOL. It's busy times in the firearms parts business these days if you haven't heard. Do your part and you get better service in return. Should you choose to not do business with them anymore I sure they will understand. They may not care, but they'll understand and get over it I'm sure. :-)