Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2020, 06:45 PM

Default North Store visit on 1-10-2020

Stopped in first thing Friday morning. Lots of field grades, all the ones I saw were SA, various serial number ranges. A half dozen service grades, all with new replacement wood. M1C's, M1D's, drill rifles and air rifles. I snagged two FG's for myself because they contained parts needed for a couple build projects. As usual, they guys there were pleasant and helpful.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:42 AM

Was going to go last thursday, but decided to wait. I am hoping to go after they move the store and get a new shipment. Glad you were able to get what you wanted.

Any idea on when the store is going to move???
Old 01-16-2020, 06:35 AM

I appreciate the update. I'm going on February 1st, and unless there's a shipment between now and then it looks like I will not have any service grades to choose from.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:56 PM

Has anyone looked at the M1Cís lately? I havenít gone to the store since last summer & have been thinking about picking up one. Thank you
Old 01-22-2020, 08:38 PM

I am also waiting on more news on the move. I'd hate to make the trip prematurely if there's a chance of better selection once the move happens. Looking to get my hands on a nice service grade but recent reports sound like pickins' are slim. Starting to kick around the idea of going the CMP special route.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpenwell957 View Post
I am also waiting on more news on the move. I'd hate to make the trip prematurely if there's a chance of better selection once the move happens. Looking to get my hands on a nice service grade but recent reports sound like pickins' are slim. Starting to kick around the idea of going the CMP special route.
Too funny.. You typed exactly what I have been thinking over the last week. The urge got the better of me and I mailed in a order for a CMP Special earlier today.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
Too funny.. You typed exactly what I have been thinking over the last week. The urge got the better of me and I mailed in a order for a CMP Special earlier today.
Nice, over this previous weekend the CMP website changed to 'out of stock' on the specials... I thought "oh no, my plan is ruined" but yesterday, I believe it was, I checked again and the specials were back in stock! I hope you'll keep us updated when your rifle arrives and let us know how she shows up.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Nice, over this previous weekend the CMP website changed to 'out of stock' on the specials... I thought "oh no, my plan is ruined" but yesterday, I believe it was, I checked again and the specials were back in stock! I hope you'll keep us updated when your rifle arrives and let us know how she shows up.
Did they change the status? Wow I didn't catch that.

Can-do on the updates. I posted in the M1 Order Timeline to keep track of the process. I'll post details and pictures as I can over there and not de-rail the OP's thread with my shenanigans.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
. Looking to get my hands on a nice service grade but recent reports sound like pickins' are slim

"Recent" reports were 12 days old as of your posting. As of now, it's been almost 3 weeks since a recent report.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:10 PM

Stopped in at the North Store on Friday, 10/31/20. They are really whittling down the inventory in anticipation of the impending move to the new location. We saw a few service grades (IHC), drill rifles, field grades(SA), rack grade M1D's (Win), field and service grade M1C's. Bob said they had already moved some of the racks out and spaced out the remaining racks. New location is tentatively set to open 3/20/20. Hoping they will get a truck in to restock for that.