Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 08:51 PM

Default New Match Director at The National Matches

As most of us here are well aware, Gary Anderson has retired from the match director position at the Nationals. Over the past few years I've had an opportunity to talk with him many times and can not thank him enough for all that he's done in support of the shooting sports, especially at Camp Perry!!! Recently I have been told that a new director is now in place for the matches staring this year. Dennis Demille, of Creedmoor Sports, will be the new Match Director for the National Matches and he has named John O'Shea as assistant Match Director. I have had an opportunity, not only to talk with Dennis but shoot with him and I've know John for many years. These two men not only talk the talk, but walk the walk! With these to goal minded and driven men at the helm we can all expect the bar to be raised yet again! Changes, quite subtle and unseen by most, will be up and coming. Things such as pit boxes refreshed and fully resupplied daily, target carriers graded before and after each match and repaired as needed, clinics before the event for the block and line officers so they, and we shooters, will all be on the same page. Tip sheets for the shooters and target pullers so all of us know what to expect and what will be expected of us.

With a little attention and patience from all of us The National Matches will be better than ever!

rifle guy @ LSC
Old 03-24-2010, 08:05 AM

Smile Good Choice

Dennis and John are both "good people" and will great things for our sport.

Jim
Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 AM

I think that Dennis and JJ will be great for CMP week.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 PM

Thumbs up The best is yet to come!

The possibilities for improvement are many. With these two HARD CHARGERS at the helm, the first week of August promises smooth sailing, and happy sailors! Swede
Old 03-25-2010, 03:27 PM

Default Good Men, Both!!

Have shot with both and worked with John on the M1 for Vets project. We who shoot in the CMP events are fortunate indeed to have these two fine gentlemen directing our sport. My very best wishes to both, and thank you both for your dedication to the shooting sports comunity. Looking forward to seeing you both at the Nationals.( Dennis get the Gunny out to the range more this year.) Just Another Old Doggy, Don

Last edited by OldDoggy; 03-25-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:44 PM

I cannot concur enough with what the rest of you have said. Mr. Anderson has down an outstanding job, and the two gentlemen replacing him have big shoes to fill. With that being said I cannot think of anyone other than Dennis Demille to be up for the task. Looking forward to a great week of matches with some of the most humble and generous people I have ever met-my fellow shooters.