Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2018, 12:50 PM

But the gamers love these matches. Lol
Old Today, 09:58 AM

Considering float tubes of one type or another are now pretty much the norm in the AR platform, even for many military issued weapons, what's the point of debating this issue? Even Service Rifle rules allow tubes (have for long time with A2 float tube under hand guards) and now you don't have to hid them. MM class is not a vintage or as-issued match as now being run, which is fine. According to the rules you can put a 4.5X scope on an AK, M14, etc.?

It would be nice to have a vintage type as-issued match that recognized the m16A1/A2/M14/M1A (and others) in original configuration though. They are fun to shoot and not competitive in MM now. Maybe CMP could add M16A1/A2 in that "B" group (make them 8 lbs max, require correct contour barrels, etc.) and tighten down the rules to make B class more as-issued ordinated? I guess they'd need to add a 5 gun aggregate then too.

Last edited by lrdg1; Today at 10:22 AM.
Old Today, 01:54 PM

As stated above, MM is now an offhand match with M1As somewhat competitive with the AR variants. The real loses are all the other post WW2 semiautomatics including the early M16 types. I will build (yet) another M4 with free float HG and try to improve my offhand...... Good Shooting. ....
Old Today, 02:17 PM

Want a real match? Let CMP prepare the rifles in class "legal" condition then draw by lots. Just like IROC. That would at least nominally spank the gamers.
Old Today, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceresco View Post
As stated above, MM is now an offhand match with M1As somewhat competitive with the AR variants. The real loses are all the other post WW2 semiautomatics including the early M16 types. I will build (yet) another M4 with free float HG and try to improve my offhand...... Good Shooting. ....
Ceresco,

i think free float tubes are still illegal, per modern military rules. Right?
Old Today, 03:13 PM

I wish I knew.....but I feel a lot better knowing that BIG SHOOTER IS BACK!!! Good Shooting. ..