Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2015, 03:35 PM

I think CMP should leave the marketplace open and just leave it unmoderated. Post a sticky saying that CMP does not monitor, regulate, or get involved in the dealing. If someone emails CMP to complain about a deal that didn't work out they could respond with "sorry for you but not CMP's propblem." Buyer / seller beware.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
I'm sure it wouldn't take much to turn it back on
I agree, but it seemed quite clear that the powers-that-be were having none of it. Might be worth asking, but I don't know why they'd change their minds.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:43 PM

They shut it off for the same reason they shut the marketplace down, they didn't want to deal with it or be responsible for it. Why not turn it on and just take no responsibility?
Old 07-28-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
They shut it off for the same reason they shut the marketplace down, they didn't want to deal with it or be responsible for it. Why not turn it on and just take no responsibility?
You're asking the wrong person!
Old 07-28-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCDave View Post
CMP wants no involvement in the private sales that happen on the forum, and I don't blame them. This is the reason it was shut down temporarily.

I have an idea...how about we all act like the grown adults that we are and handle our business like responsible men and women?? Complaining to CMP about a private sale doesn't pass the common sense test.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:32 PM

I completely agree! I've also had good experiences when using the Marketplace to purchase items I've needed from other Forum members. I've found those I've done business with to be both fair and honest, and would do business with each of them again without any hesitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I have bought and sold on the Market Place for years and never had one complaint or have I ever had a bad transaction with anyone else. I was thinking about thining out some of my rifles out of my collection so was very dissapointed to see the Market Place close.
Hopefully they will leave it open so I can thin the herd some
Old 07-28-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
Charging a high price for the service makes no one want to use it,The idea is to get every one a fair good deal where both party,s are satisfied not to make a bunch of money on the deal which will eliminate bickering,also charging a small fee people will be happy to use it and you will make money to pay for it because of the volume of people willing to use it because it protects both parties and both parties are happy at the end of it,And to keep the forum market place open for all to use and not closed in 7 weeks for good because of petty bickering,If some one has a good reputation and you have used them before then no need to use the service.
Then seek an outside escrow provider to finalize your transaction, but don't expect the CMP to become involved in any part of it.

As for charging a high price for a service, that becomes a value proposition for the buyer and seller. In my case, our escrow service has been used on rare or high value firearms in cases where the seller or buyer feels more comfortable using an escrow agent to handle the transaction. It is a good deal of work involved in the way we handle it, so the charge is high to cover the costs.

www.RCArms.com

My Facebook Business Page: RCArms

My Facebook Blog Page: Milsurpcollector

NRA Life Member
GCA Member
US Army Veteran
Old 07-31-2015, 01:42 AM

I would like to extend a personal thank you to Mark, GITM & the CMP board member's whom decided to allow the Marketplace to remain open - in my brief time on the board (<1yr) - I have learned many things I did not know about m1's, m1d's, m1a's, m1 carbines, 1903a3's and m1917's - with learning new things about the different weapon systems, I was able to find out that some parts were worn and needing replacement to make an old war horse feel young again - thru the market place - I was able to do just that, make new friends and learn from the senior ( long time members) about what parts fit what, where and why - the Marketplace proved to be the one place that allowed me to find and obtain a rifle that I have wanted to own since the late 80's when I purchased my 1st M1 Garand (which I still own today) - thank you Phil Conrad for making that dream a reality!!!! I, as a new member, am VERY Pleased that we have such a great educational forum for learning as the CMP Forums and the ability to help fellow members keep their old war horses in the field with the use of the MarketPlace....
PLEASE Keep the Market Place OPEN for all of US....

Last edited by AzMedic; 08-08-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:09 AM
Banned

For High priced Firearms and items common sense tells you to use a escrow service,Were talking about lesser value items
I thought,, Also if CMP,s Name is on the Marketplace on CMP,s site CMP owns it,That's the problem,And when you get a bunch of people complaining about activity on there site in one place like the Marketplace ,then it becomes a liability to the CMP with risks involved regarding there reputation,

Last edited by Smal; 08-10-2015 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:06 AM

Default my two cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
Also if CMP,s Name is on the Marketplace on CMP,s site CMP owns it,That's the problem
and that boys and girls.... is the apple in the tree. The forum is here with all good intentions by the CMP, and for most of us there is no better place to ask questions, to learn and to laugh.... there are plenty of sites that have marketplaces.......

Bill
"I shall never surrender or retreat. Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism, and everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid with all dispatch. ..." William Barret Travis VICTORY OR DEATH - The Alamo 1836