Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2020, 08:59 AM

Our small village P.D. has used 1911's for 3 decades. We are up to 6 officers now. We had a mixture of 1911's till last year when we all got Springfield TRP's. We have 6 loaned 1911A1's from the Goverment . 1 of them is a Singer! They cannot be sold.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:01 PM

I served for a number of different units to include a jungle clearing unit in Nam. My service time was prior to the M1911's replacement by the Berettas. I carried both a M-16 and a Remington Rand in Nam. (generally not at the same time) I remember them by currently owning a Colt M1911, a Colt M1911A1 and a Remington Rand. They hold a special place in my heart just as the M-16. I also had a lot of time with the M-14 but not in combat.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:48 PM

Default Big scary 1911

Many years ago the police department I worked for decided to allow officers to carry non-issued sidearms provided they were carried in proper belt gear and they qualified with them. One officer had a commercial Colt government model and went through the process to be allowed to carry it on duty. One night he and I got dispatched to a family argument at the local hospital. Apparently some past bad blood had resurfaced and six or seven people were going at in the ER waiting room. My wife, who was working at the hospital that night had tried to calm them down but to no avail. It didnít take long to separate the men but the women were determined to settle the score then and there. Both had to be physically restrained and eventually cuffed. During the fracas one woman noticed the hammer was back on the holstered Colt(as it should have been). She immediately began screaming that the trigger happy cops were ready to shoot them. This brought the menfolk and a couple of additional kin back into the fight. Eventually peace was restored and no arrests were made.
The next morning however the woman called our chief and made known her displeasure at seeing the big pistol ready to fire. Non standard arms were quickly banned and the officer had to go back to his .357 revolver.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:21 PM

Ron 57, sounds real typical! ' BandofM1, just curious when the directive comes down to send them back?(they may forget, nah!) Semper Fi.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:39 PM

Here is a photo of my grandfather carrying his 1911 on Leyte Island in 1945.

Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM

I carried Multiple Different 1911A1s and M16A1s as a LT in the 101st at Fort Campbell 84-88. Donít remember the manufacturers and didnít care at the tine, they are just tools. They all shot fine and if I did my part I could always qualify expert. We were never short training ammo. As a CPT in 2d Ranger Bn at Fort Lewis 88-91 I carried an M9 and a CAR 15. We had Natl Match 1911A1s in the arms room and a number of Browning Hi Powers. I donít remember anyone carrying anything other than the M9. I jumped into Just Cause with the M9 and CAR15, no issues with either. I carried and shot many different M9s, M16A2s and M4s for many years and never had any issues with any or being able to qualify with them. Also never short of ammo at any time for small arms. My last tour in Afghanistan 2010-2012, I carried a Glock 19 and an M4 for 15 months. Today Iím issued an M18. Bottom line; over the course of my 35 year and still serving active duty career, every rifle and or pistol I carried was serviceable and shot as well as I did my part. No emotion about any caliber or model of firearm I was ever issued. Never wanted to go back to the M14 or 1911 or carry an AK 47. I guess Iíve been lucky, but Iíve generally had more important things to worry about over the years than the manufacturers, serial numbers and models of fire arms I was issued.
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfog2 View Post
I carried Multiple Different 1911A1s and M16A1s as a LT in the 101st at Fort Campbell 84-88. Donít remember the manufacturers and didnít care at the tine, they are just tools. They all shot fine and if I did my part I could always qualify expert. We were never short training ammo. As a CPT in 2d Ranger Bn at Fort Lewis 88-91 I carried an M9 and a CAR 15. We had Natl Match 1911A1s in the arms room and a number of Browning Hi Powers. I donít remember anyone carrying anything other than the M9. I jumped into Just Cause with the M9 and CAR15, no issues with either. I carried and shot many different M9s, M16A2s and M4s for many years and never had any issues with any or being able to qualify with them. Also never short of ammo at any time for small arms. My last tour in Afghanistan 2010-2012, I carried a Glock 19 and an M4 for 15 months. Today Iím issued an M18. Bottom line; over the course of my 35 year and still serving active duty career, every rifle and or pistol I carried was serviceable and shot as well as I did my part. No emotion about any caliber or model of firearm I was ever issued. Never wanted to go back to the M14 or 1911 or carry an AK 47. I guess Iíve been lucky, but Iíve generally had more important things to worry about over the years than the manufacturers, serial numbers and models of fire arms I was issued.
I see your current location is Ft. Belvoir. I had a couple of tours there to include OCS. I can't imagine the miles I ran carrying a heavy M-14 over the hills and dales of Ft. Belvoir to include up and down Telegraph Road.
Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfog2 View Post
Thank you for your service to our country.