Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2018, 12:13 AM

Default CMP Certificate replacement

I have my Springfield M1 that I purchased many years ago (20+) thru CMP and also recently purchased an H&R M1 that the original owner was said to have purchased thru the CMP also. Over the years the certificate for my Springfield has been misplaced and I would like to get another along with the certificate for my recently purchased H&R. If I provide the S/N's can they be re issued?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2018, 12:34 AM

Q?
WILL THE CMP RESEARCH A SERIAL NUMBER TO SEE IF IT HAD EVER BEEN SOLD BY THE DCM OR CMP?

A.
We will perform the research. Research often involves going through boxes of old records. Our files are only complete from 1996 to the present. We do have some earlier files, but know they are incomplete. We require a letter request with payment and we will respond by letter stating if we found anything, and if so – when we sold it and what model it was we actually sold. We will not identify original purchaser. Allow 2-3 weeks per serial number.

We regret not being able to perform this service for free. We receive dozens of requests each week and it can take up to one hour just to find that we do not have any record of a serial number being researched. Charge is $25.00 per serial number, prepaid, whether we find anything or not.

If interested, send letter to CMP, ATTN: Serial Number Research, 1401 Commerce Blvd., Anniston, AL 36207.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:40 AM

Thanks for the response, I will send required info my mail along with payments.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

I believe that since you are the original owner/purchaser of the Springfield they will replace the COA for that one...not sure about a fee. The HRA will need to be searched and if found you will receive a letter, but not a COA.....$25 fee.
You might want to contact CMP customer service before sending any money and confirm.
Good luck!
Old 09-14-2018, 09:46 AM

OK Thanks, I will e mail Customer Service and inquire. I will post updates.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:31 PM

The last M1 I had them research did verify that it was sold to me as the original purchaser. The only documentation provided was their internal sales receipt, and their response letter was very specific about not providing a replacement COA. Hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceinthevalley View Post
The last M1 I had them research did verify that it was sold to me as the original purchaser. The only documentation provided was their internal sales receipt, and their response letter was very specific about not providing a replacement COA. Hope this helps.
That's interesting! Something must have changed. Then again if purchased 20+ years ago you may not get a COA and just a letter. I missed that the OP said "20+ years ago"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
Thanks for the Wingman check Jason...as you know, funny things can happen at 0300! : )

That's a very good clarifiction for the OP.

If you are NOT the original owner of the rifle, then they cannot re-issue a certificate, and only basically confirm via letter whether or not it was purchased from the CMP, as per the info in their FAQ:
http://thecmp.org/faq/will-the-cmp-r...he-dcm-or-cmp/

IF you are the original owner, and it is basically after 2000, CMP can and will certainly issue a replacement certificate. But only if you are the verified customer on record for having purchased the item.

As posted, OP appears to be original purchaser and can get a replacement certificate...he just needs to contact CS as per the contact info above...

Apologize to all for any confusion.

Regards,
Rob

Last edited by Shomway; 09-14-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:01 PM

This thread is exactly the reason CMP should not allow just anyone to post replies on the "Ask CMP" forum. If I remember right, CMP started this forum so people could ask a question from a knowledgable person at CMP online, instead of tying up a telephone line trying to get an answer. Nowdays it seems that a lot of these questions turn into a discussion by semi knowledgable people about what the right answer might be, and half the time no one from CMP even gets into the discussion. In my opinion, if a person has a serious question and wants a definitive answer, they should forget about the "Ask CMP" forum and just contact the CMP by telephone.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:26 PM

Default CMP Purchase Records

I had posted about getting replacement records for my M1 purchase previously but found thread was locked before I could provide updates.

Just received letter from CMP that verified my purchase from DCM of my SA 3.5M M1 in 1997. They did not provide what country it may have been returned from however. Anyone have any idea of what country returns the DCM was processing in the 1996-1997 era?

So if anyone else is looking for a contact here is the info.

Here is the person to contact at CMP for records.

Sandy Farlow (sfarlow@thecmp.org)
To:you Details

The CMP receives dozens of calls, emails, and letters daily requesting reprinted invoices.

We regret not being able to perform this service for free. The charge for the service is $5.00 per Invoice.

If interested, you may reach me by sending a letter to CMP, Attn: Serial Number Research, 1401 Commerce Blvd. Anniston, AL 36207 .

Thank You,

Sandy Farlow

Serial Number Clerk

256-835-8455 EXT 138

sfarlow@thecmp.org

Last edited by k98dave; 09-29-2018 at 11:55 PM.