Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2020, 08:48 AM

Default Howdy from NW Pennsylvania

Just wanted to say hi. Hand picked(thanks to a lot of help from the armorer at the north store) my first M1 in November of 18. 355xxx SA service grade with new cmp wood. Itís been to a few Project Appleseed shoots, and Iíve been shooting it at 200 yard HP matches here the past few months. Approximately 2000 rds through it now, and without a doubt the most fun rifle to shoot that Iíve ever handled. I really enjoy reading the forum, Iíve learned a lot in the past year. I know there are members on here from Ohio and PA, hopefully Iíll run across some of you at a match this summer.

Have a good one, Tom Stelter
Old 01-02-2020, 12:37 PM

Tom,
Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year. If your in NW PA you should take your M1 to Camp Perry. It's worth the trip for the Garand Match. Regards, Eddie
Old 01-05-2020, 11:29 AM

Welcome Tom,
This is a great forum. I also got a Service grade SA 195xxxx with new CMP wood in October. I know how great your rifle looks! Those guys in the armory are fantastic. I called 3 times and they always answer the phone and are genuine about helping. I sent them a short letter requesting a receiver from when my dear Dad was serving as a Medic. 1942-46 and they came through with one from Sept. 1943. I am not surprised they were more than willing to help you.
Wishing you many years of safe, fun shooting.

Chuck in N.H.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:32 PM

Welcome Tom,
Always a wealth of information on the forums. Enjoy the sickness of the m1 garand.
Monthly matches at the oil city ikes(Isaac Walton) in venango county. Good folks.
From another western pennsylvanian, Arn

Last edited by arn; 01-06-2020 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:47 PM

Welcome aboard!