Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 03:29 PM

Default For Sale: Springfield Armory Inc. M1 Carbine

For Sale: Springfield Armory Inc. M1 Carbine **SOLD**

Springfield Armory Inc. built this carbine for me on Commercial Row at Camp Perry in 1998. It has a SA commercial receiver and all GI parts (they had some kits available back then, no Import markings on any parts). The stock is a new CMP High Wood Repro which I put on a few years later. The barrel is an unmarked new GI replacement barrel with bayo lug, trigger housing is a nice Inland (re-parked I am sure), slide is also Inland, bolt is a round Underwood. It is not a brand new rifle per say but its darn close, in excellent condition. It looks real sharp. I did shoot it once, but did not more than 20 rounds through it. Payment by USPS Money Order or Bank Cashier's Check only.

The Buyer's FFL must be able to accept rifle shipment from a private individual and by USPS Priority Mail (Not C&R eligible). If buyer's 01FFL needs to have the rifle shipped from United Parcel Service (UPS) or FedEx, or from another a 01FFL (not a private individual), then a local shop will handle the shipping, so add $60.00 to the cost (plus UPS/FedEx Shipping costs).

Please PM for picture requests and include with your e-mail in the PM. Also PM for questions.

Last edited by Gryphon; 01-18-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:50 PM

Not sure why but I am unable to send you a PM for photos
Old 01-13-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyduece View Post
Not sure why but I am unable to send you a PM for photos
I have sent you a PM
Old 01-13-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliyahu View Post
My understanding is the SAInc receivers were manufactured under contract by LMT, and are the only 'in-spec' aftermarket receivers made - except the Fulton receivers that are also manufactured by LMT.

Eli
Cool. I knew they were subcontract but did not know who made them.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:10 PM

Got the PM and replied.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:30 PM

SPF per out PMs
Old 01-14-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliyahu View Post
My understanding is the SAInc receivers were manufactured under contract by LMT, and are the only 'in-spec' aftermarket receivers made - except the Fulton receivers that are also manufactured by LMT.

Eli
Eli,

Any idea where the new Inland company is getting their receivers from? LMT by chance?

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-15-2020, 03:00 PM

Hi Dave
The new Inland receivers are cast and they donít say who is making them. The LMT (SA and Fulton) are forged like the GI receivers were. I also got a SA receiver Camp Perry in the early 2000ís and consider them equal to or maybe a little better than GI receivers. The fit and finish is excellent.
Tom
Old 01-16-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsams View Post
Hi Dave
The new Inland receivers are cast and they don’t say who is making them. The LMT (SA and Fulton) are forged like the GI receivers were. I also got a SA receiver Camp Perry in the early 2000’s and consider them equal to or maybe a little better than GI receivers. The fit and finish is excellent.
Tom
Thanks Tom for the info. I had Springfield build me two carbines in 1998 at the Nationals. At that time you really could not find any in spec or surplus carbines, I was over a decade too soon before the Carbine returns from Europe came to CMP

I see Inland Inc is getting well over a Grand for their new carbine and they seem to be sold out frequently. Another member said he thinks Bula is making the new Inland receivers. I would agree. I believe Bula's investment casting is an excellent receiver.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by Gryphon; 01-16-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Closed Thread