Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2019, 07:18 AM

Default Ejector help for Mossberg 44US

I have a Mossberg 44US which doesn't eject. It pulls the case out of the chamber just fine, but the case just sticks to the bolt face when the bolt is pulled back, and has to be flicked off with a finger. Pulling the bolt all the way back to the stop, even with a sharp snap, doesn't do anything.

What exactly is the mechanism for getting the case popped out? Does the bottom of the bolt normally ride over a small protrusion to pop the case out? Any insights into how it functions (or is supposed to function!) would be appreciated.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 AM

Yes, the bolt rides over a small tab that is on the trigger bracket. The bracket mounts the trigger, angle bar, and safety. Check to see that the tab is intact or is bent in some way.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mossberg-42...QAAOSwMQBaP~ks

This is the part, (I know it's for a model 42 but it's the same) The tab is on the left hand side facing down. The picture is upside down as opposed to it's installed position. Sorry about the E-Bay pic, it was the only one I could find.

Last edited by sschrad; 04-19-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:07 PM

Default Thanks!

That was a HUGE help; thanks!
Old 04-22-2019, 04:44 PM

I had the same problem, bought a new trigger bracket from Havilin Sales and it helped quite a bit. The old one did not look that bad, maybe just an ever so slight rounding of the edge. Make sure everything is tight before you spend money on parts. Looks like they could easily loosened up.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:56 PM

No, there's no doubt about it...the part that was supposed to stick up was snapped clean off.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:30 PM

Let me know if you have trouble finding one. I have the old one and may well have another too. I was buying parts lots looking for stuff to try. You can have it if you want.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:22 PM

Thanks very much for the generous offer. I had already ordered one from Numrich, it's installed and working great! Thanks to all.