Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2018, 10:13 AM

Default Saturday Opening Report

There were 7 customers at opening and racks were full. Several rifles this morning had lock-bar sights, which I don’t see that often. Most of the USGI stocks are in good condition but no cartouches I saw. Generally the rifles coming out now have very nice finishes and all seem to be Philippine returns..

Armors today are Tim and Riley.

CMP Specials, 12, all .308.

SA SG 10 with USGI stocks/ FG 15, 50/50 USGI/hackberry stocks. Helped an older gentleman, like me, find three WWII rifles with original barrels, nice USGI stocks and one with nice lock-bar.

HRA FG 3, one with lock-bar?...

IHC FG 18, all hackberry...

M1D WRA RG, ME 3+/TE 6+....

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.

Last edited by PH68; 12-15-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:42 AM

Iím thinking about making the short trip (Iím in Atlanta) to the South Store next week. Which do you think would be a better day, Thursday Dec 20th or Friday Dec 21st?

PH68 - will you be there to help me find a nice SG?
Old 12-15-2018, 11:02 AM

Default Store restock

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_Collector View Post
Iím thinking about making the short trip (Iím in Atlanta) to the South Store next week. Which do you think would be a better day, Thursday Dec 20th or Friday Dec 21st?

PH68 - will you be there to help me find a nice SG?
I will be there and glad to help....

Lots of folks ask the same question about which day is best, this is my position. You can find a nice rifle at anytime, you just donít know when. I have found them morning, mid-day, afternoons, Thursday, Friday or Saturday.....

Inventory is driven by sales. Example, if today they have a busy day and sell 20+ rifles then Thursday (next open day) there will be a good restock, 25+ rifles, but if it is a slow day and they only sell 5 rifles it will be a poor restock. That said your almost always better off to see how many rifles were sold the last open day before your visit which will indicate what type of restock there will be on the day you visit. That said, with no restock you may find a gem in the rack but the rifles will have been picked over pretty hard. I hope this helps anyone planning a visit to the store.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:43 PM

Question

I stopped by this morning. I was not there to buy just to look at the inventory. Helped out a nice guy who took home a nice RRAD rebuild 10/65 with SA 6-65 barrel and a birch stock with square box P proof.. that rifle will clean up nice.. Congratulations hope to see pictures of it when you get it clean..
I just went there to do something with my dad who came in town to visit us.

Worth the time looking around.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:17 PM

Default Saturday closing report

There were 58 rifles remaining at closing, so there will be an 8 rifle restock on Thursday.

REMINDER the store will be open December 20-21 and will be closed on 22nd and will reopen on 3rd of January.

The rifles that sold were primarily SA SG and FG.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Well, that's pretty toasty, but still a hard rifle to equal.
Rob
Pick up a FG Win-13 M1D from the store in 2016. ME 1+, TE 2 Replaced the stock and a few parts and now it is in SG condition.