X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lapriester
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Riqrob View Post
    Thanks, Larry Laugh of the day...MEDIC!!!!!
    And he didn't get any aibis. Too bad too because he had a 185 going into slow standing. His problem was dehydration. I always drink that full bottle of Gatoraid after slow and rapid prone stages because, as much as I actually do practice slow standing (awful hand) still makes me sweat.

Larry

Comment

• aka108
      • Aug 2010

I'm covered in 180 gr Rem Corelokt (sp?) and have started with 40 gr of H4895. Don't know if it's best but seem easy on the rifle. Will probably increase a grain next loadings.

Comment

• SanPedroShooter
        • Nov 2010

I just got a pound of varget to go with my 150g hornady fmj's. Reading the responses, seems like most people like 4895. Oh well, its only a pound. The hornady manual calls for 42.3g (varget) to start with a col of 3.185

Comment

• sling
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ceresco View Post
          Tayloring loads to rifles is over rated. Good rifles typically shoot everything better. Even the AMU has one load for it's team. I have found that almost any decent bullet can be loaded to enough accuracy for 1-200yd CMP match shooting. I do not worry about big changes going from the M1 to the 03A3 or 1917 with my handloads--and the Hornady AMAX and Federal Gold medal ammo wasn't taylored to a specific rifle. Take the time to refine loads if you want, but once you've got 2-3moa, you are good enough for CMP games. Then it's time to get out and improve your offhand. Good Shooting......
          Finding the best bullet seating depth for a specific bullet to be used in an individual rifle is critical to the accuracy level you are trying to attain.
          The impact on accuracy can be very significant,probably more so then anithing else you can do other than choosing the right bullet and powder combination. With 110-125 gr. bullets the proper seating depth can not be achieved, they are too short for M1, the proper volume of air and powder required in a casing wil be upset.Shorter lighter bullets might be o.k. for other rifles ,but NOT FOR M1 GARAND.

Comment

• Jon
            • May 2010

Originally posted by sling View Post
            Shorter lighter bullets might be o.k. for other rifles ,but NOT FOR M1 GARAND.
            They work real good in my M1 and M1A for targets inside 300 yds. Have you ever tried them ?

Jon
            Semper Fi,
            jon

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Comment

• ceresco
              • Oct 2009

Rather obviously not. Good Shooting.......

Comment

• 8milimeter
                • Oct 2009

light bullets

I have owned three garands.
                I have shot 7000-10000 rounds out of them.
                I have reloaded and shot over 4000 rounds in Garands.
                The most accurate bullets overall under 300 yards are 110-125g

JMHO

Comment

• curious relic
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ceresco View Post
                  Rather obviously not. Good Shooting.......
                  Sling, give those lighter bullets a try. My M1 shoots the Hornady SP's over Varget better than any other round I've tried. Pleasant to shoot, too. Since I learned of this load from ceresco, I don't bother with anything else.

Comment

Working...
                  X