Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2016, 11:03 AM

Got my notification yesterday. My order for a service grade was received at 1132hrs on 1 Feb 2016 for what is worth. Oh well, I will buy something else or wait until the next time CMP offers carbines.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolson670 View Post
I was in the 2/1 around 0930 or so. Haven't recieved a Dear John or a DBU. I mailed of my order for a SG with a FG as a second choice. What I find interesting is that I put my dad's order, same choice as mine, in the same envelope as my order. He recieved a nice 6 digit FG in a modified type 2 WRA/GHD marked stock. Anyone else have an order recieved on 2/1 that didn't get the Dear John?
Order received on 2/1 at 0957 via Priority Mail. Nothing yet, but I know the official rejection is coming. Of course with my luck, it's probably hiding between a desk and a wall somewhere.

On a positive note: I did get a grade B receiver barreled and head spaced through the custom shop last month. Sent it in on a Friday and received it back the next Friday, so that was a nice change of pace.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:47 PM

Got my dear John letter in the mail today complete with my hand-voided check.
I've got a spot on the mantle already picked out.
Hand cancelled....in ink pen!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:37 AM
Banned

The Fat Lady has belted out her song,and all the carbines are gone, Got my missed the cut email yesterday too,But still waiting on the old import Carbine I sent in to the Custom Shop when they opened back up,I made the first 15 ,New stock,New Barrel,everything Guages to make sure its in spec,reparked,Op Rod rebuilt,When I get it back it will be one accurate good looking M-1 Carbine,Once I figured Id missed the cut,In went the old import Carbine that was a shooter and will now be a really good shooter.Figured Id get me a good Carbine out of this deal one way or another.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:37 AM

I am in line for the custom shop with an import carbine also. Maybe we need our own thread to see what the final results look like.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:22 AM

Didn't get a Carbine.

So, I got a Steyr Aug instead!

Old 05-15-2016, 06:04 PM

I got my Dear John letter email late last week. Oh well I'll save it for the 1911 release.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:24 AM

On the good side, at least I don't have to check the dam estore page 100 times a day anymore.

Participating in a gun buyback program because you think criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbor has too many kids.

I WAS the proud owner of 45+ 100% A+ ratings on the old itrader system.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horticattleman View Post
On the good side, at least I don't have to check the dam estore page 100 times a day anymore.
Strangely I miss it... (I didn't get one either and had an order get there 2/1...)
Old 05-18-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svelectric View Post
Strangely I miss it... (I didn't get one either and had an order get there 2/1...)
I am sorry, really. I have successor's guilt. I received a nice Inland. I now have one Garand and one CMP carbine. I did buy a JRA carbine a few years back. Good luck. If you don't already have a carbine you really need to get one. I think they are one of the most enjoyable guns going and make an excellent home defense or truck (Jeep) weapon.