Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2019, 01:02 PM

Default The perennial lack of rifles at north store

I read many years ago that north store once accounted for 25 % of cmp sales. Not any more.

CMP, basically,will not ship rifles from n or s stores to your destination anymore- You take the rifle with you. So cmp does not bear the cost of shipping from n or s stores ,and, practically speaking, never did. If the rifle is ordered online, the rifle is shipped at no cost to the buyer. The cost is included in the cost of the rifle.

If cmp desired it, they could ship a large quantity of rifles to n store, in a very large box truck or tractor trailer. There would be expense but probably no more than fedexing individual rifles thru online sales.

So, selling rifles at north store would be no more expensive than selling thru online sales. It would also help defray the expense of having the n store.

Perhaps, the issue is that online sales are so large that cmp does not feel the need to involve n store further than they do .

I have heard it said that cmp would like to eliminate n store. For various reasons that i certainly do not know, they do not.

CMP N does receive an occasional , infrequent small shipment of rifles.If you have advance notice of this or are lucky enough to be on site at that day or days the stock lasts then you are fortunate.

It is possible that cmp will be taking on a larger role in competitive shooting. I do not know this, however. CMP does play the role in the cmp national matches, and supports the shooting sports in many ways ,which is certainly wonderful.

I am not criticizing cmp, they are doing what they feel is best for cmp and the shooting sports, and we are grateful for what they do.

Best of luck to all of us .
Old 08-02-2019, 09:12 PM

Alot of us got nice rifles in the last few weeks. Thankyou cmp! Nice 03's and very nice Garands. I was very happy to get a 3-45 S.A. Service grade. All corrrect but stock. And a nice IHC service grade lmr barrel. There were full racks of ( lock bars and WW-2 barrels)sg -sa IHC sg's and full rack of 03's. Lots of great rifles and they sell fast,very fast!
Old 08-03-2019, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandofM1 View Post
Alot of us got nice rifles in the last few weeks. Thankyou cmp! Nice 03's and very nice Garands. I was very happy to get a 3-45 S.A. Service grade. All corrrect but stock. And a nice IHC service grade lmr barrel. There were full racks of ( lock bars and WW-2 barrels)sg -sa IHC sg's and full rack of 03's. Lots of great rifles and they sell fast,very fast!

Positive reports rule. Thank you Sir. I have been to the NS the last few mornings but missed the 03s. Oh well. The Field grade specials are looking better to me every visit.

The early bird gets the worm!
RVN 67-68
Old 08-03-2019, 04:24 PM

Store has been pethetic all week.maybe if you where first in line at opening there was something but it was all gone by the afternoon for those of us actually shooting matches all day. The 4:30pm shooters only opening a couple days ago they only put out a handful of 03 that we're snatched up by the first 8 people through door. They put NO new stock of m1's out at all for it.

Last edited by lite-box; 08-03-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:36 PM

I donít know, I was there on Tuesday at 3:00 and was able to
Select a nice 03 . There were about 6-7 of them and a whole rack
Full of device grade sa garands too. Iím not trying to toot my horn
But I donít think Iíve ever been disappointed at the north store, Iím not
One to stand in like at the crack of dawn either.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:09 PM

Field grade specials were gone this morning so a Win13 receivered CMP special is following me home.
Talked to a shooter that says he managed to find a nice 04 yesterday at 4:30.
Super to hear that some folks are managing to find the gems.
RVN 67-68
Old 08-04-2019, 10:57 AM

Arrived at 0530 Saturday and two others pulled in the same time. One gentlemen was already sitting at the picnic table since 0430. At 0830 30 people were waiting for the doors to open. It was slightly disappointing that no 1903s were there, even one, and newly stocked M1's. I have been arriving (and sometimes shoot) on the Garand Match day since 1998 and that was always the big day for "Surprises" for the Garand shooters. Now it is spread all during week with the excitement. No complaints at all just have to change strategy and drive across state a few times that week. I did find some items that were there all week (or longer) that I picked up. I found four (4) Win 13 Receivers on the Winchester specials. I picked out one for the nice gentleman from Pittsburgh that arrived the same time I did and I purchased one. There were still two (2) left. I also found a rack grade Winchester M1D with a MW = 1.25 and a TE = 4.0. I then went to Commercial Row to finish the day out. Overall a great day for all who went yesterday.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERX-M1 View Post
I read many years ago that north store once accounted for 25 % of cmp sales. Not any more.

CMP, basically,will not ship rifles from n or s stores to your destination anymore- You take the rifle with you. So cmp does not bear the cost of shipping from n or s stores ,and, practically speaking, never did. If the rifle is ordered online, the rifle is shipped at no cost to the buyer. The cost is included in the cost of the rifle.

If cmp desired it, they could ship a large quantity of rifles to n store, in a very large box truck or tractor trailer. There would be expense but probably no more than fedexing individual rifles thru online sales.

So, selling rifles at north store would be no more expensive than selling thru online sales. It would also help defray the expense of having the n store.

Perhaps, the issue is that online sales are so large that cmp does not feel the need to involve n store further than they do .

I have heard it said that cmp would like to eliminate n store. For various reasons that i certainly do not know, they do not.

CMP N does receive an occasional , infrequent small shipment of rifles.If you have advance notice of this or are lucky enough to be on site at that day or days the stock lasts then you are fortunate.

It is possible that cmp will be taking on a larger role in competitive shooting. I do not know this, however. CMP does play the role in the cmp national matches, and supports the shooting sports in many ways ,which is certainly wonderful.

I am not criticizing cmp, they are doing what they feel is best for cmp and the shooting sports, and we are grateful for what they do.

Best of luck to all of us .
At least you have a store you can get to. I'm still waiting for CMP to open the West store hopefully here in Texas.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:43 PM

I am continually disappointed by the store. Everything is picked clean while I am shooting matches. The one day I didn’t have a match my buddy and I got there at 0600 and was first in line. An employee showed up around 0645 and asked what we were looking for as she entered the building. 1903s or anything that jumps at me. Store was practically empty. Always “waiting on a truck”. Was there from 21JUL-04AUG and really wanted to pick up a 03 or garand. Oh well. I will try again next year during nationals like I do every year
Old 08-04-2019, 06:08 PM

I guess some comments got moderated out?
CMP HP Master
DR#2474 (2019) 1/2 with irons, 1/2 with optics