Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 PM

Default WTS Garand / BM-59 Folding Paratrooper Stock

I have for sale here a hard to find BM59 or M1 Garand side-folding stock. I picked this up about a year ago and paid $450.00 for it then. I am selling this to finance another project patiently waiting in my safe.

The metal and wood on this stock are in like new shape. The wood could probably use some tlc in the form of an oiling, but is in otherwise great shape for its age. The grip and stock mechanism are very solid. It has dimples in the forearm for use with the bm59 bipod option. It fits my 1953 Springfield M1 like a glove. The only thing I would point out is it is missing the forward sling metal piece.

I would like to get $400.00 plus shipping, but I will consider reasonable offers. This will ship from Missouri and I will be glad to give anyone interested a bunch more pictures.

I listed this here on the CMP boards first because I'd like to give real lovers and collectors a shot at it. Thanks.

Go here http://s1102.photobucket.com/home/matrixman80/index to view pictures. I can take more on request. Also, I have a B-Square no-gunsmith side scope mount for Garands. I'm asking $55.00 on that, ships free.

Last edited by matrixman80; 01-15-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:50 PM

Can you post a picture of the Folding stock with a Garand action installed? I am interested in this, but the Geometry on a BM-59 and a M1 Are completely different with regard to the ferrule location to the lower band interface.

Thanks,

Don

www.RCArms.com

My Facebook Business Page: RCArms

My Facebook Blog Page: Milsurpcollector

NRA Life Member
GCA Member
US Army Veteran
Old 01-16-2011, 10:58 AM

I am not the OP, but here is my "Tanker" style Garand in a BM59 folding stock. It is a direct drop in. However, I made a few mods on mine to fill gaps that are needed for the BM59 that aren't needed on the M1 Garand.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollector03 View Post
Can you post a picture of the Folding stock with a Garand action installed? I am interested in this, but the Geometry on a BM-59 and a M1 Are completely different with regard to the ferrule location to the lower band interface.

Thanks,

Don
I can when I get home tonight snap a couple of photos. Right now I have to drive a few blocks over to a local hospital in order to access the internet because at&t is screwing me around.

Like I mentioned above, the front sling metal half ring thing is missing from the BM59 stock so when it's on my M1 it doesn't quite match up. When the stock was on my M1 for a while, I actually switched over that part so it would fit better.

Also, am I asking a fair price for this do you guys think?
Old 01-19-2011, 12:59 PM

Sorry, it's been a couple of rough days with school starting and my job sucking. I'll be sure to get those pictures up tonight, but it will be after 8:00 central or so due to my schedule. Thanks for everyone's interest.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Is this still for sale?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:41 PM

I think it is somewhat overpriced,since you asked.I purchased s few of these from Reese for $200 and $225 ea.back in the day ,before Reese closed the doors. You should be able to get more than I paid, for yours today due to demand.Now if your stock were a original Beretta, you would get $450-500.
Hope this helps and best of luck with the sale
Closed Thread