Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Trying to keep up to date on this subject makes me feel a lot like a dog chasing his tail. Never gets old. I see folks taking up pitch forks and torches on both sides. As long as we can put down our tools and shake hands when the dust settles, I think we will all be wiser for it. I noticed a reference to me in post #169 about my love for LRB. Gotta admit I think they are the tops. I took Hammonje at his word for recommending Fulton over the last year and picked up a couple of receivers at Camp Perry which have turned themselves into nice shooting irons. Still prefer LRB. I was considering SEI just for the heck of it. But after Andy's rants a couple years ago and his latest goo, they are now at the bottom of my want to try list.

Semper Fi
Art
Old 09-07-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
This is a must read on the SEI thing. You can decide how much you agree with it. The poster is truly a brave person to post in that environment.

http://m14forum.com/m14/145680-my-op...je-vs-sei.html
Looks like the M14 Forum administrator decided that this opinion wasn't appropriate for his board. The link is invalid.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
Pretty much my take too. Like you, I was "intrigued" when I saw hammonje's request for funds on the M14 forum thread...

My funds will stay in my pocket. I'll be real interested in seeing how this suit pans out.
I think maybe we'll see a lot of parts coming to market? Maybe it's time to pick up a Fulton receiver

Think I read he has like 50 or so M14 type... Just sell the bolts alone... That's a chunk of change... At 200 bucks a piece that's 10,000 smakarooos... Then there's the op rods, and barrels.... Cha-ching...
Old 09-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal50 View Post
Correct and an 01 FFL is a dealer only license.

I think Ricky made the comment "its a felony to manufacture rifles without an FFL" which is correct if sold as a business and not personal usage.

You do need an 07 to manufacture for sale NOT an 01.
You also have to pay the excise tax on the "new" gun but.

I had an 01, have manufactured class 3 items on form 1's so I do know my "facts" on the license end of it.
AWESOME! You deleted your earlier post that was incorrect and now you're acting like you were correct all along. Too bad that pesky Sean captured what you originally said:

cal50: "Also a FFL license is NOT a manufacturers license, it only allows you to engage in the business of selling firearms. A manufacturers license in a different license altogether."

You also deleted your post when you said Jason only sold 3 firearms, but hopefully you've actually read the thread now and can see that was incorrect too.

Anyway, back to the fun

Old 09-07-2013, 02:01 PM

WOW! 175 responses. I'd like to see half that many on a thread about CMP, Competition, Rifles and Cartridges. IOW, something that forum members really care about.

JMHO

Ray
Old 09-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Banned

Maybe the ACLU will take the lawsuit
Old 09-07-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymeketa View Post
WOW! 175 responses. I'd like to see half that many on a thread about CMP, Competition, Rifles and Cartridges. IOW, something that forum members really care about.

JMHO

Ray
Ray- The Forum members really care about the right of free speech. Maybe even more than their rifles (So, there, major media!). They also care about what happens to people who have contributed to the Forum. No surprise. You are, of course and as always, free to ignore the thread if you choose (Isn't America great!). All the best!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymeketa View Post

JMHO

Ray
True... However those don't have the DRAMA... and we are talking the M14 platform... Egos abound...
Old 09-07-2013, 02:19 PM

This thread reminds me of three monkeys trying to make love to the same football.