Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2017, 08:30 PM

I chronoed it in my M1, was very close to M2 spec. I can dig out the results tomorrow. Accuracy was not bad, similar to HXP in my M1 (which isn't saying much...).

I would think that POF would have used Garand safe powder for loading M2 ball ammo to spec velocity.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:19 PM

I've shot several hundred toppings rounds of pof through my garand with zero issues.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:17 AM

10 rounds of POF 66 chonoed thru my M1 at 2717 MV at 20 feet from the muzzle. 32fps ES, 12.4 SD. 100 fps less then HXP 69. POI 3 MOA below HXP at 100 yds.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg13a View Post
Besides the ammo being from Pakistan, it's offered by ammoman. I've only bought ammo from him one time and that was before he sold the import marked "bringback" SKS to the guy and wouldn't make it right. Never bought from him again and won't. Plus, his prices were always high.
Re: Ammoman/substituted products. Incident happened back in 2007. Had previously ordered both .30-06 and 7.62mm ball from him w/ no problems. In January of 2007 ordered a 1,000 round case of Danish M-2 ball. He shipped Austrian OJP. Not at all what he advertised. Insisted I pay S/H to return w/ a 20% restocking fee. I refused. Insisted he return at his cost. Long series of phone calls/e-mails. Finally contacted Mastercard. Sent them the information. In short order, he paid for UPS to pick it up at my house on his dime. There were no restocking fees. Mastercard = nice to work with. Ammoman ... he threatened to have me arrested for theft. Good thing he was to man miles away for me to take his incorrectly shipped product and discuss it with him in person. He claimed they shipped so much stuff that they could not be responsible if a slight error was made. Hogwash. Sincerely. bruce.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrifles View Post
I would think that POF would have used Garand safe powder for loading M2 ball ammo to spec velocity.
Don't know why you would say that. Any current Paki .30-06 Military Ball would be made for the machine gun - definitely not the pressure curve of an M-1. IIRC Paki M-2 ball has a nasty reputation and you shoot it only if you don't care for your rifle. A search should turn up articles about destroyed Garands.

More generally, why would anyone use ammo from a third world country in their collectable rifle just to save a buck?
Old 05-16-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texican View Post
Don't know why you would say that. Any current Paki .30-06 Military Ball would be made for the machine gun - definitely not the pressure curve of an M-1. IIRC Paki M-2 ball has a nasty reputation and you shoot it only if you don't care for your rifle. A search should turn up articles about destroyed Garands.

More generally, why would anyone use ammo from a third world country in their collectable rifle just to save a buck?
Made for MG..? Much of the current POF 30-06 was factory packed on M1 Garand enblocks. A search should have turned up photos of factory packaging.

Post a link to destroyed Garands from this ammo.