Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2014, 07:03 AM

I was a special forces airborne ranger sinper assigned to a seal team in PoonTang, VietNam, as an assassin but being as all my missions were directed by the president... I can't talk about it.
"I shall never surrender or retreat. Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism, and everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid with all dispatch. ..." William Barret Travis VICTORY OR DEATH - The Alamo 1836

Old 12-05-2014, 07:15 AM

I could spot a fake in a Army uniform. More than likely other services if they are wearing a dress uniform. Ribbon order of precedent it almost universal in regards to combat awards. I saw that turd get called out black Friday shopping. Yesterday I saw a video of the same mocking Veterans and saying they can't do anything to him. To bad he didn't get his guts stomped out on video. I think he would have a hard time getting a sympathetic ear from a cop, around here anyway.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRT View Post
You're more likely to meet someone who played for the NFL, than a real Navy SEAL.
True, I tutored Michael Westbrook's daughter for a while in chemistry but I've never met a SEAL.

Last edited by meplat; 12-05-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:22 AM

The veteran who busted out the "Ranger" was not a Ranger himself… just a clarification for the initial post. Any U.S. soldier can pick that f'tard out of a crowded mall… it is pretty clear that the only thing that save the imposter from a beat down was his wife and kid being present.

On the topic of "impostors," they can be found in all walks of life, especially from within our own coveted hobby…. and even members of the CMP and active posters on this forum. Someone feeds you a couple lines, play a ignorant and stroke their ego a little, and you will be amazed/disgusted by the flow of BS that will cascade your way.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:46 AM

I can't understand this act anymore than someone buying a set of antlers and saying they shot the animal. Don't get it and never will.

There is a certain look to military and retired military that is easy to see.
Jim

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 12-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
I remember when I was in basic training at Ft. Jackson in 1975 we went to the PX and I bought an Expert Infantryman Badge thinking that when I graduated AIT (which I did at Ft. Polk) I'd be allowed to wear it. My drill sergeant found it in my locker during an inspection and that's a day I'll never forget. You talk about an A$$ reaming! One of the gentler things I was called a PX War Hero and it only got worse from there, in front of everyone no less. Man, did I feel like sh*t. Ironically enough, I did earn the badge while serving with the 101st and there's an awful lot of hard work that goes into earning it. I still have my telephone book sized study guide to this day.The losers that wear medals and badges or uniforms for that matter should face harsher punishments than they do. I would think the first one this guy would have faced would be Theft By Deception for trying to get a military discount. They're all scumbags.
Not an imposter story, but when I was an ROTC cadet our SF Master Sergeant had to get his official photo taken so he went to the PX to get a new set on ribbons and badges. He checked out but forgot something and asked the cashier to hold his bag.

He came back with what he forgot and a brand new Second Lieutenant so he winks at the cashier and said he needed to buy a package of decorations for his DA photo. The cashier asked if he wanted the combat set and he said yes. The 2LT was stroking out, told the MSG he couldn't just put anything on his uniform. Pretty funny moment!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ashooter View Post
I normally can tell. A lot of times the guy doesn't have the lean hard look. I can normally tell a Marine or Army type when they are in civies because of the look. Now if the fat guy was in USAF ABU's or dressed like a sailor then he might be able to get a pass.
"If a fat guy was in the USAF". Ouch! You don't like us much do you?
Old 12-05-2014, 08:23 AM

I have actually met a SEAL. I did work with him for a couple of months before I found this out. He never mentioned it and played it down when asked. He was humble and did not seek out any special treatment.

Mals
Old 12-05-2014, 08:36 AM

Ron White "you can't fix stupid"
Mitt Romney "47% of America relies on the government to survive" (paraphrased by me because I don't remember the exact quote).

IMO, about says it all. Really sad. More so for those that defend/have defended this country.

Where's Darwin when you really need him?
Old 12-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals9 View Post
I have actually met a SEAL. I did work with him for a couple of months before I found this out. He never mentioned it and played it down when asked. He was humble and did not seek out any special treatment.

Mals
My son's godfather was a Navy SEAL in Vietnam, met him at the Defense Language Institute. Nicest guy but he could flip a switch to intense quickly.

Never bragged or spoke about ops.