Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2015, 07:03 AM

I am curious why CMP doesn't offer the PPU garand ammo. First I thought they didn't want to hurt their HXP sales but they have other brands of commercial ammo so that can't be the reason why.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 08-21-2015, 10:16 AM

Not sure why, maybe they will eventually. It might be worth an email to them. The HXP stuff has to be getting low. I do know Cabelas and Orion7 have that PPU, as well as those big bulk internet ammo sites. It's unfortunate that us here in NY have to pay an FFL dealer to accept our internet ammo orders.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.John View Post
Not sure why, maybe they will eventually. It might be worth an email to them. The HXP stuff has to be getting low. I do know Cabelas and Orion7 have that PPU, as well as those big bulk internet ammo sites. It's unfortunate that us here in NY have to pay an FFL dealer to accept our internet ammo orders.
Most of their commercial offerings are at a considerably higher price point.

Commercial PPU is actually cheaper than HXP now - if you shop and look. Between spotty PPU availability and the desire to first clear out their inventory of lesser choice HXP, there's little reason for them to pursue PPU to displace that inventory they already paid for. I imagine in a few years though, PPU or some other budget commercial M2 ball will be made available.

Just my opinion.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I am curious why CMP doesn't offer the PPU garand ammo. First I thought they didn't want to hurt their HXP sales but they have other brands of commercial ammo so that can't be the reason why.

During the 2013 ammo shortage it seemed like PPU was able to supply more ammo than others manufacturers.

Some one back then asked Orest if they could get shipments of the PPU M1 ammo.

And Orest replied (a very unusual occurrence lately) that the CMP had made contact with PPU, but PPU was not taking on any more distributors at that time.