Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 AM

1. Not sure why anyone would buy FMJ ammo for MORE than the CMP price (which BTW is no "deal" anymore anyway).
2. Not sure why anyone would buy FMJ ammo when you can buy Soft Point Igman 150 grain for way less than 50 cents per round. The Igman is 100% "safe" in M1's (in fact it's quite mild shooting) and is EXTREMELY accurate. This also solves the "they won't let me shoot FMJ at my range" problem as well. I bought some of this stuff when it was around 6 bucks per box delivered.

http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merch...ode=A+RA+30-06
Old 08-01-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Line View Post
Looks like Aims has a waiting list or is this just a way to test demand?
It's advertised but not yet in their warehouse ready to sell/ship yet. Usually takes a week or two so from the first time they publish it.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughUno View Post
1. Not sure why anyone would buy FMJ ammo for MORE than the CMP price (which BTW is no "deal" anymore anyway).
2. Not sure why anyone would buy FMJ ammo when you can buy Soft Point Igman 150 grain for way less than 50 cents per round. The Igman is 100% "safe" in M1's (in fact it's quite mild shooting) and is EXTREMELY accurate. This also solves the "they won't let me shoot FMJ at my range" problem as well. I bought some of this stuff when it was around 6 bucks per box delivered.

http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merch...ode=A+RA+30-06
That's pretty good prices. I have never heard of this retailer before. Have heard of Igman, but never used any before. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awpk03s View Post
That's pretty good prices. I have never heard of this retailer before. Have heard of Igman, but never used any before. Thanks!
you are welcome.

BTW, the first time I used it was around 2002/3. I went to a 100 yard indoor range in the depths of a deep winter snow. Since our range was shut for weeks!m, I decided to go check it out.

Unfortunately, I forgot my own rifle ammo (reloads) and bought two boxes of the Red Box Igman they had there for around 12 bucks per box retail. Not only was it very mild shooting (in two CMP M1's I had just received but not shot yet), it was VERY accurate stuff. Feeding was perfect also. A couple years back, AIM Inc. had it for sale around 8 or 9 bucks per box and I ordered 10 boxes or so then, just to stash away.

BTW, it was a SAT AM around 10 AM and these indoor range folks still made everybody take one of those portable Breathalyzer tests before you could shoot. Yikes--! They also would not let you un-case or re-case your own weapons. Thankfully, the snow finally melted and I never had to go back again. No surprise at all, this combo range/gunshop operation went bankrupt the next year. Unfortunately, they went belly-up with a couple hundred thousand bucks worth of consigned for sale guns that were taken by the secured creditors--Tough noogies for the consignors to say the least. I know some of these folks were going to the auctions to try and buy their OWN stuff back.!

Last edited by HughUno; 08-01-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromel View Post
Have you guys already seen this? Aimsurplus.com has new 30-06 ammo from Prvi Partizan that is "Designed and tested for peak performance in M1 Garand rifles!"

They are asking $329.95 for 500 rounds which comes to 66 cents per round. If it really is designed for the Garand, that is a lot cheaper than the Hornady and American Eagle stuff.

Here's the link:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AP3006CAN

It says "For M1 Garand" right on the box:
Thanks for the info. and the link. I had no idea this was coming out and asked for AIM to notify me when it's for sale.

Interestingly, the link you provided works great but typing in the item # on the AIM search doesn't. Strange.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awpk03s View Post

Google them and see what you come up with.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl-Lum View Post
Google them and see what you come up with.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/director...gun-works.aspx

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florid...mi-fl-34000453

"F" rating
Old 08-02-2012, 07:17 PM

Thanks Roadking, I found the same thing.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:30 PM

Roadkingtrax-

Me, too: Thanks!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:36 PM

Found this if anyone's interested:

http://forums.thecmp.org/archive/index.php/t-55671.html