Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2019, 08:53 PM

Default Yahoo !

The wife/boss says we can swing thru the south store on the 28th of September while on vacation ! I have not purchased any guns or ammo from the CMP in several years . What do I need to purchase , say slings , cleaning kits , etc. I do not plan on buying any rifles or ammo. Do I need to update my paperwork to purchase anything or everything ?
Old 09-22-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigswedez View Post
The wife/boss says we can swing thru the south store on the 28th of September while on vacation ! I have not purchased any guns or ammo from the CMP in several years . What do I need to purchase , say slings , cleaning kits , etc. I do not plan on buying any rifles or ammo. Do I need to update my paperwork to purchase anything or everything ?
I don't know if you need to update your paperwork to purchase non-firearm stuff, but the best way to find out is to send an email to Customer Service [CUSTSERVE@THECMP.ORG] and ask. Get the info straight from the horse's mouth since they can look up your documentation and tell you what, if anything, you need. Send the email today and they can work on it first thing Monday.

They will need your customer number, but they can look that up at the store.

Rick
Old 09-22-2019, 11:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Since you have purchased in the past, most of your paperwork is on file. If you have moved since ordering and over three years, you will need to update that and there is a notary at the store.
The only thing is to be sure your club membership is current. Might want to have any current membership card on you, or join the GCA at the store, $25.
Quote:
Note: Club membership IS required for purchase of rifles, parts, and ammunition.
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sa...-requirements/
Old 09-22-2019, 11:22 AM

We'll have fun and how many times have we all heard well I don't plan on buying a rifle. I just came back from vacation and visiting the southstore twice and the north store once I had planned on picking up a M1. Since I'm from the west coast and I don't know when the next time I'll get to hand pick a rifle is I went ahead and bought my 1903 and 8 garands. I was really dreading letting the wife know what I had bought but when I got back to the house the wife asked , well honey did you buy "a" rifle? I said yes honey I did. Since I live in California I was not able to take them, they all have to be shipped to California to be processed through a dealer here so the state can get their cut and register them so they know what I own, now I just need to get the nine rifles into my safe, hopefully while my wife is away. Just make sure your Club affiliation is up-to-date they'll want to see that. The notary piece of paper that needs to be done every 3 years I think is only four rifles but even if it's not while you're there fill that out to get it updated.

Last edited by brianm767; 09-22-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:48 AM

Smile Eligibility Requirements

I recommended emailing Customer Service and deliberately didn't mention eligibility requirements because those will vary depending on your exact situation.

For example, if you are military or law enforcement, whether active or retired, then you can be exempt from the club membership requirement. It's on the Eligibility Requirements webpage (see the link in Shomway's post above). Look in the paragraph above the sentence he quoted.

Basically, a military ID, whether Active or Retired, satisfies all the requirements for 1) proof of U.S. citizenship, 2) age, 3) membership in CMP affiliated organization, and 4) marksmanship or other firearms related activity.

That page really does require close reading.

Rick
Old 10-05-2019, 04:04 PM

I had a great time at the South Store ! Bought a couple items and watched the youngsters Air Rifle match. My wife was impressed with the tidyness of the store and the very friendly staff . Thank you South Store !