Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadtcong View Post
The NAT.Chinese is marked60A. is 1960.
A. For some purposes, the Chinese use a different calendar system for numbering years.
B. The 60A is for Arsenal 60A at Kaohsiung, a post city in southern Taiwan. Can you say 7th Fleet? I knew that you could.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:53 AM

GI bore cleaner is designed to clean after corrosive ammo firing.
If all that was mine I would disassemble and reprime them all with new non corrosive #34 primers but then I am retired and have nothing else to do.

Dave
Old 11-06-2015, 11:33 AM

Default Head Stamp

Thank you i had to refresh my memory on the 7th Fleet and also that we had some Air Bases in Nat.China[it was a good assignment as i remember being stationed with guys that where stationed their and wanted to go back also it was a RR area also]. I thank you for refreshing my memory,Bill
Old 11-06-2015, 11:38 AM

Smile

Dave, Thanks for the input ,you have a good idea their,since i did not fire the Ammo i should not have to re size it than,that simplifies it a little in reloading this older ammo,again thanks the FORUM IS A VERY GOOD TOOL ,i am glad we have it,Bill
Old 11-06-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
since i did not fire the Ammo i should not have to re size it than,that simplifies it a little in reloading this older ammo
The Arsenal 60 stuff uses a non-standard Boxer primer that is a few thousandths over sized. Large primers fall out. Two years at Ching Chuan Kang (CCK) AB near lovely down town Taichung.

Pop Quiz for the group: Where could you find the "Bar Twon" sign?
Old 11-06-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Dave, Thanks for the input ,you have a good idea their,since i did not fire the Ammo i should not have to re size it than,that simplifies it a little in reloading this older ammo,again thanks the FORUM IS A VERY GOOD TOOL ,i am glad we have it,Bill
even easier way - get a bunch of primed cases ready and use a collet puller to pull the bullet from these corrosive rounds, dump the powder from the case into a non-corrosive primed case, replace the now charged case on the press and re-seat the bullet that's still in the collet. Easy as pie and you're good to go.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:13 AM

I transfer the powder and bullet to a fresh primed case.
To pull bullets easily run the round thru a bullet seating die set a little short to break the sealant in the neck. Then the collet pulls them out quickly.
Depriming corrosive primed cases is reasonably safe if you use slow steady pressure. Use a universal decapping die for this step. If a primer does go off (I have had 2 or 3 pop when I get in a hurry) the space around the case vents the gas down so no injury to you.
As JPM says prime up a lot of clean cases. If you reuse your old cases you need to ream the primer pocket to clear the crimp. Lots of work but fun
Old 11-08-2015, 05:40 AM

Much easier to just shoot it then clean the gun, remember during WW2 all they shot was corrosive ammunition.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 11-08-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasue View Post
Much easier to just shoot it then clean the gun, remember during WW2 all they shot was corrosive ammunition.
and they also had armorers to fix their guns for them when they rotted out
Old 11-09-2015, 06:41 AM

Default War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm View Post
and they also had armorers to fix their guns for them when they rotted out
Because they were at war not shooting paper targets. We have plenty of time to clean our guns after shooting. Corrosive ammo shooting just requires a little more time and work when cleaning the gun. I have shot a lot of corrosive out of my .45's with no problems.

John Wayne in "Shootist"