Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 11:42 PM

Default WTT - My Colt 6724 AR-15 for your M1 Garand

I've got a GORGEOUS Colt AR-15 Model 6724. Weapon is in excellent/primo/like-new condition. Maybe 200 rounds down the pipe. 24" stainless steel national match barrel, 2-stage national match trigger (the real Colt trigger), Magpul PRS stock, PSG style grip, 4-16x50 scope, harris bipod... This is an incredible rifle and makes even ME look like a top shot. 1" groups WAY out...further out than I can shoot. I don't fire junk ammo and am fanatical about cleaning. She gets cleaned every time she goes out (which has only been a couple). Sometimes I clean her just because. When I say mint, I mean in.

Rifle for trade should also be in excellent condition (furniture, barrel, chamber). Not sure I understand all the grades and the like, but I think correct grade or better isn't a lot to ask.

I mean, you guys know the drill; I've got a premium rifle that I'd like to trade for another premium rifle. I need some wood and iron in my life. I might also consider an M1A/M14, but my heart still belongs to Garand.

I have more pictures and a good camera - but here's a little taste

Any interest?
Jeffrey.Cooper@HP.com
Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 AM

I'm not usually into those black guns, but man....that is one nice looking rifle. I wish I had something worthwhile to trade but I can't imagine you are going to have to wait long for a good trade. Good luck
Old 01-29-2012, 12:13 AM

Hi - I appreciate that. It is indeed a beauty and will be very hard to part with...but maybe you guys can appreciate this statement from Mrs. Cooper "if you bring home one more gun...". See, this way the count stays the same. ;-)
Old 01-29-2012, 09:10 AM

Email sent
Old 01-29-2012, 11:56 AM

Default barrel?

who did the barrel work? what twist and type and brand is the barrel?, are you the original owner who had the barrel placed? Do you have the original stock? are the sites NM? Do you have the original Colt box and papers for the rifle? Please get back on these questions if possible today. Oh, what type of chamber does the rifle have? what brand and type is the scope?

Last edited by duggaboy; 01-29-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 PM

Boy, howdy!

Maybe I need to sit back and read the answers.

I am not into black rifles, but am interested in getting one. Obviously duggaboy knows what questions to ask!

"Life is Good!"
Old 01-29-2012, 01:24 PM

It's not mine but I've got one that is all stock, the Colt 6724 is a scoped only rifle also called a C.A.R. - A3 (Colt Accurized Rifle Flattop), no front sight (shaved Gas Block), Stainless Steel 24" 1/9 twist barrel with target crown, Colt lightened trigger (SS with SS pins) and originally comes with a colt matked B-Square scope mount, A2 stock and grip. The aluminum free float tube has 2 QD mounts for a quick release sling mount & a Harris type bipod.
Did I mention mine shoots under 1/2" @ 100 yds with 69 gr Gold Medal Federal ammo.

Match223
Old 01-29-2012, 04:13 PM

The barrel is an HBAR Elite stainless steel with 1/9 twist. The barrel comes from the Colt Accurized Rifle Program, hence the roll marks "CAR-A3" on the rcvr. I'm not the original owner, but knew the guy and purchased it through my LGS.

* I do not have the original stock, but do have the Colt grip.

* There are no sights. I believe the scope is higher end NC Star.

* The rifle is chambered for 5.56mm

* I have the Colt box.

Do you have a trade in mind, or are you contemplating a cash offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggaboy View Post
who did the barrel work? what twist and type and brand is the barrel?, are you the original owner who had the barrel placed? Do you have the original stock? are the sites NM? Do you have the original Colt box and papers for the rifle? Please get back on these questions if possible today. Oh, what type of chamber does the rifle have? what brand and type is the scope?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:22 PM

The stock looks to be a Magpul, same stock I have on my Armalite. The stocks run about $235.00 as I remember
Old 01-29-2012, 04:41 PM

PM sent