Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 PM

Default Build is a real easy one....

The receiver is the hard part due to the machine work. Sounds like Tony's got that covered. Get the kit, and with the receiver it's pretty much an assembly job. Have one, they shooot really nice!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckinohio View Post
I have posted here that I have 4 of these rifles completed & one where I had the receiver done for a CMP site user. He can chime in if he wants to. These are dandy rifles, I cant imagine being without a couple now that I have finished & fired the ones I have. Using the Beretta kits that have been offered will certainly make an easy job of it..... Other than the machining work, I did mine at home. You need to make sure the offered receiver job is for the kits available. Rifles pictured, You 'do it your selfers' can email me for assistance/encouragement should you think you need it........and most of the parts in the kits are identical to US Garand parts. In fact, many of the parts I have received are US mfgr anyway. All of the trigger housings I got were HRA's.

PJH

Thanks again PJ for helping me get the receiver work done. The rifle turned out great, is fun to shoot, and really stands out on the rack.
The parts kit from Sarco was in excellent shape.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 AM

Interesting comment about the bolts. I have interchanged the bolts with various Garands just to get a color match, & have yet to have one fail to fit or function. PJH
Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstout View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but will a regular Garand bolt work or will it have to be modified in some way?
the bolt has to be modified to clear the mag. Sarco has BM59 kits for $600
Old 03-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captpete View Post
OK, I know what a BM59 is. But I don't know how it fits within the framework of CMP/NRA competition. Would you help me out here please...

Best Regards,
I don't know the rules, but since a BM59 is a modified garand, & uses .308 ammo I know it does not qualify for the John garand matches.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu929 View Post
Wow this is tempting, I just abandon a M14 build for lack of funds this could be a poor mans M14...... Tell me I shouldnt!
You shouldn't! This receiver & a $600 parts kit from Sarco is all you need.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu929 View Post
Where are you located GMAN?
My name is Tony Giacobbe, The Garand Guy, 344 St. Georges Ave, Rahway, NJ, 07065, 732-388-1962, www.garandguy.com
Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckinohio View Post
I have posted here that I have 4 of these rifles completed & one where I had the receiver done for a CMP site user. He can chime in if he wants to. These are dandy rifles, I cant imagine being without a couple now that I have finished & fired the ones I have. Using the Beretta kits that have been offered will certainly make an easy job of it..... Other than the machining work, I did mine at home. You need to make sure the offered receiver job is for the kits available. Rifles pictured, You 'do it your selfers' can email me for assistance/encouragement should you think you need it........and most of the parts in the kits are identical to US Garand parts. In fact, many of the parts I have received are US mfgr anyway. All of the trigger housings I got were HRA's.

PJH

These receivers have been machined to take the Sarco $600 BM59 parts kit. You can assemble the kit yourself. I will mount the barrel & headspace your bolt freebies.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 PM

Default bm59

all right boys,i have inspected these recievers and the machine work is top notch.tony i will take one.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman366 View Post
the bolt has to be modified to clear the mag. Sarco has BM59 kits for $600
They're $495 - http://e-sarcoinc.com/bm59partsset.aspx

Eli