Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2021, 08:35 AM

Default A big thanks!

Hello ALL,

I truly hope this post does not rub the moderator here the wrong way. "WE" understand you have a set of rules you must abide by! Just like Facebook.

I see that PH68 has retired from his weekly posting. The original thread is closed, possibly prematurely!

PH68 as helped literally thousands of us "little people" to buy CMP products & visit the north & south stores and MANY times help us PERSONALLY. I can only guess how much time & gas he has used on our behalf!

The armorers on duty are GREAT, but they simply don't have the time to spend with us!
We have been blessed with meeting him twice over the years, a really nice man!
This possible pressure "might" be a step in the wrong direction for the CMP, for what ever reason it was done. PH68 has single handedly, increased traffic through the South store & the Range store dramatically.

Sir, Your posts WILL be missed,
broomhandle
Old 11-16-2021, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomhandle View Post
Hello ALL,

I truly hope this post does not rub the moderator here the wrong way. "WE" understand you have a set of rules you must abide by! Just like Facebook.

I see that PH68 has retired from his weekly posting. The original thread is closed, possibly prematurely!

PH68 as helped literally thousands of us "little people" to buy CMP products & visit the north & south stores and MANY times help us PERSONALLY. I can only guess how much time & gas he has used on our behalf!

The armorers on duty are GREAT, but they simply don't have the time to spend with us!
We have been blessed with meeting him twice over the years, a really nice man!
This possible pressure "might" be a step in the wrong direction for the CMP, for what ever reason it was done. PH68 has single handedly, increased traffic through the South store & the Range store dramatically.

Sir, Your posts WILL be missed,
broomhandle
Thanks Broom and I appreciate your comments. It was fun for the last six years but thatís no longer the case. That sums it up. Tom
Old 11-16-2021, 11:03 PM

Tom, I have been visiting the stores since 2008, your reports have guided me to the South Store many times, you were their #1 salesman! I bought airfare, rented rooms at the Hotel Finial for my wife and myself, she loves that place and ate at the local restaurants you recommended, many dollars I spent in the Anniston area on your advice. Should the store open up again, I hope you will entertain and guide us with your reports once again.

Last edited by flatlander; 11-16-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:28 PM

Default Thank you PH68!

I'm another success story thanks to the hard and diligent efforts of PH68. Driving down from Fort Campbell, KY for an 9 hour round trip to the South Store is no simple decision, but one I made with confidence through his inventory reports.

Tom, I'm sure you won't remember but I was the one who you convinced to buy a nice SA-52 and pristine LEAD. Not a single regret.

Thank you for being an amazing contribution to the success and happiness of the many collectors, history buffs, and Garand lovers of our community.
Old 11-17-2021, 11:25 AM

Thanks Tom,

While I never did get a chance to go to the South Store, I was able to live vicariously there through your posts, updates and comments on a regular basis.

Thanks again!
Old 11-17-2021, 04:42 PM

Thanks Tom you single Handily increased sales and happiness during the last 6 years we all owe you a thank you.

Last edited by danduf98; 11-18-2021 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-20-2021, 02:04 PM

Tom. The information you provided on-line and in person assisting customers at the South Store always made a trip there a lot more enjoyable. I suspect the South Store probably sold a lot more rifles than they otherwise would have based upon the enthusiasm you generated. Thank you Sir!
Old 11-21-2021, 01:03 PM

Really sorry it has come to this, Tom. You work was greatly appreciated, plus added immensely to all our knowledge of the CMP. Enjoy your "retirement"!
Old 11-28-2021, 08:28 PM

I appreciate all the info you gave me the many times I PM'ed you to ask questions as a newbie to the CMP...........never did get that Krag, but again many thanks for what you did for me and many others
Old 12-03-2021, 07:29 PM

Tom,
I appreciate what you have done for my collecting over that past few years, but more than that I am glad to have made your acquaintence and become friends.
You have helped me grow my collection in a unselfish way wish is a testament to the type of person you are.
I especially like the friendly competition to get to the store the earliest, which I seemed to win most times, to your aggravation I am sure.
Here is the view of the South Store at 5am local time with me being the first there That's my fold out chair you see in front of the door

[IMG][/IMG]

Maybe this thing will turn around and it will get back to something like old times..... though I have my doubts

Rob