Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2015, 07:45 PM

Default funding

Lest we forget, CMP is funded by the patrons of this site
Old 08-31-2015, 07:59 PM

Takes more than a couple thousand rifle sales to keep the lights on. This forum most likely represents a lot of the repeat buyers, but certainly not the competitors or buyers as a whole.

Once the sales are done (sooner than most realize), it will be interesting to see what goes and what stays.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:09 PM

I smell entitlement.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Forum Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tester19 View Post
Would like to respectfully suggest that the CMP folks either address questions in "Ask CMP" in a timely manner or eliminate the category and let "Ask Each Other" or other sections suffice. Not a complaint---just a suggestion on how to make the forum better. We all know that the CMP staff is very busy on multiple fronts, and we truly appreciate it, but the presence of "Ask CMP" implies a willingness to field questions and provide answers, and in my observation it just isn't happening on a regular basis.
Ok. I'll be glad to remove it.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:16 PM

Default To be quite honest......

At times the "Ask CMP" got quite a bit like an Orest hero worship forum. To be quite honest it got to the point that it was almost sickening. I made a comment to Mark when he took over that he should be ready for the stalking to begin. I think he tries to distance himself from the forums for the simple reason that he doesn't want all the worshippers to come back out of the woodwork and has lots of other things that need his attention.

I for one would hate to see this forum go away. Sometimes there are pertinent questions that need to be answered and they usually are in time.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:02 PM

Orest was a master at using the sub forum, "Ask Orest" to market whatever the CMP was about ready to sell. The sales generated by that one sub forum were amazing. He would masterfully create a feeding frenzy unlike anything the CMP, or us, had ever seen. Then top that the next time. Tooth brush anyone?

So once the surplus inventory started it's downhill slide, Mark picked up with the design, building and implementation of the TMP. Neither gentlemen are more important or better, both serve/have served necessary functions of the CMP charter, to promote civilian marksmanship. I'm glad they serve/have served so well, because it's opened opportunities for me.

All that said, it was very enjoyable to kind of "keep in touch" with Orest on "Ask Orest". Perhaps once TMP gets in its groove Mark will have time to do so, perhaps not. Perhaps Mark will be able to market TMP, Perry & Regional Games like Orest marketed IHC's, 03's, Carbine's, sling's, Drill Rifles, bayo's & Leon . Maybe when the surplus is essentially gone and the CMP is 99% focused on marksmanship he'll create a "Mark's Marksmanship" sub forum....

Last edited by 3StrikesNC; 09-08-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StrikesNC View Post
Orest was a master at using the sub forum, "Ask Orest" to market whatever the CMP was about ready to sell. The sales generated by that one sub forum were amazing. He would masterfully create a feeding frenzy unlike anything the CMP, or us, had ever seen. Then top that the next time. Tooth brush anyone?

So once the surplus inventory started it's downhill slide, Mark picked up with the design, building and implementation of the TMP. Neither gentlemen are more important or better, both serve/have served necessary functions of the CMP charter, to promote civilian marksmanship. I'm glad they serve/have served so well, because it's opened opportunities for me.

All that said, it was very enjoyable to kind of "keep in touch" with Orest on "Ask Orest". Perhaps once TMP gets in its groove Mark will have time to do so, perhaps not. Perhaps Mark will be able to market TMP, Perry & Regional Games like Orest marketed IHC's, 03's, Carbine's, sling's, Drill Rifles, bayo's & Leon . Maybe when the surplus is essentially gone and the CMP is 99% focused on marksmanship he'll create a "Mark's Marksmanship" sub forum....
Sort of nice.

Dog wants her dog food, guess I should do that.

1/3 of the grass cut.

Waiting on a girl friend to stop by. Wife does not like that.

Get them while you can, only two years left.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 09-08-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperjock22 View Post
Maybe the CMP should lock out members from responding to questions asked in the "Ask CMP" sub-forum. Although I've found useful info posted there, isn't kind of disrespectful to answer a question that was addressed to someone else?

Just like many other institutions, the CMP has a chain of command. Shouldn't questions be addressed with a subordinate first before going straight to the top? Customer service, custom shop, competitions, etc... they all have email addresses listed on the CMP website.

If you really have something that needs Mr. Johnson's attention, his business email address is a matter of public record. I have only used it once, and emailed him on a weekend. He responded within an hour or two of business opening on the following Monday. I think that's pretty darn quick! Could've just been my experience... I don't know.

CMP management has recently stated (at least regarding the marketplace) that this forum is not part of their mission. If we make this forum a PITA for them they'll shut it down, and none of us wants to see that.

I haven't even been a member of this forum for a year now and I've already lost track of how many times I've seen postings of "Mark vs. Orest" or "This would have never happened with O" or something else that constitutes Johnson bashing. I for one have seen enough of it. Lets leave the man alone to do his job, which does not include responding to this forum.
+1