Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:26 AM

Default Enlighten Me then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammonje View Post
Our point is that it doesn't take that. I, and obviously many here, could take better pics in about 5 minutes.

Why so resitant to doing a better job???? Not like you just couldn't do what we suggested and purchase a $10 Russian Army blanket to get the background right. Many of us have this gear just for fun. Perhaps more would bid if they could see what they are purchasing?????

As for Paladin...you could not be more wrong about the need for good glass. A cheap camera cannot take pics with good clarity because the lenses are awful. A cheap camera is any point and shoot. Don't bother to mention camera phones. I have one with an 8 megapixel sensor and it sucks. How can a tiny lens gather light like a nice Nikkor 18-55mm f/2.8. If you don't know about something it is fine to just sit back and learn. You are as wrong as saying 2+2 = 3.

Canons are just fine...thier glass is just not as good as Nikon. They are cheaper and most professional photographers use them. I prefer Nikon, but that is just a personal preference. Depth Afield is dead right. An 18% gray card and a tripod. Background and lighting is also just as important. He knows exactly what he is talking about.
You do know we have a voluteer program here, I am the coordinator! If you can do it better, or show me what I am missing, enlighten me and come show me! There is nothing better than taking advice from a professional amateur! As I have prefaced before, though, it would be nice for the critics to bid and win more items!!

Brian
Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftyCalAl View Post
okay, well how about this example: If you state (on a M1A1) that the 'leather cheelpiece has slight tear", "or crack repaired in pistol grip", hows about providing a close up shot of that area? I'll concede you doing it with a cell phone and a teenage girl with a happy texting finger if you'll point out 'Up Close' points of obvious interest due to the inherent auction piece or due to your description.

That's fair isn't it?
As for photos of a torn leather cheek piece, you might want to check the photos while perusing the description. I only have room for 6 images, and if the leather is torn I do try to show that if I can and fit that into one of the six slots.

Brian
Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Forum Webmaster

NO Your all wrong! Harley Davidson's are better!

nuff said.
Closed Thread